Becoming an NN-XT developer
We are happy that you are interested in building software supporting the NN-XT patch file format. Below you will find all information you need to proceed.
About the file format
The NN-XT is the advanced sampler device included in Propellerhead Software’s Reason software. If you’re not familiar with the NN-XT, we recommend that you download a demo version of Reason from our web site and try it out.
Briefly, an NN-XT patch file contains the following information:
- References to samples, supporting a number of audio file formats, sample rates and resolutions.
- Sample parameters, such as play (loop) mode, sample start/end, root note, etc.
- Key range and velocity range information for each sample, allowing for multi-sampled sounds, layers, velocity switching and crossfades.
- Individual synth parameter settings for each sample.
- Routing information for each sample (the NN-XT has eight individual audio outputs).
Who can become a developer?
Anyone can register as an NN-XT developer, including private persons. There are no costs involved. Propellerhead Software will administer the authorization, copyrights, logos, and trademarks. We’ll also provide technical support, free of charge.
Steps to become a developer
- Each developer needs to have their own, personal user account. If you do not already have an account, sign up for one here.
- After you have verified your e-mail address for the user account, hop to the developer resources page where you'll find all necessary information on the NN-XT patch format.
Logotypes for our technologies can be downloaded from the press section on our website. These can be used in promotional materials and similar. For detailed information, see the license agreement you approve when registering as a developer.