Reason 6.0.2 / Reason Essentials 1.0.2 Release Notes
This version fixes the following issues:
- Viewing the sequencer area by pressing F7 would always reset keyboard focus to the track list, with confusing results. Now the keyboard focus setting is properly remembered.
- If you changed settings in the Tool window when there was no open song document, the program could crash.
- The output of the RV-7 "Large Hall" algorithm was in mono.
- Copy command (Copy to clipboard) could cause an "Unknown Exception" error message.
- A few remote codecs (including Behringer BCR/BCF, Korg Kontrol49 and mikroKontrol) were not properly replaced when Reason 6 was installed over an existing Reason 5 installation, which made them stop working under Windows 64. Now they are replaced by the new version at installation.
- Some audio hardware models (that worked fine in Record) stopped working with Reason 6 under Mac OS X.
- If Reason received MIDI Clock while in ReWire mode, the program could crash.
- With some HID devices (e.g. Tablet input devices of certain brands) connected, Reason couldn't launch properly.
- Bounce Mixer Channels would cause Reason to hang if the program was in MIDI Clock Sync mode.
- Using the Speaker tool repeatedly in the audio editor could occasionally make the program hang.
- When the scratch disk became full, Reason 6 could crash.
- Old non-unicode keyboard layouts (Mac only) could cause Reason 32-bit to crash at startup
- On a Mac with a two-monitor setup and the SecondBar tool running, some actions could cause Reason to crash.
- Loading samples, opening and saving songs could take a very long time in some situations.
- General performance has been improved in many areas.
- The Novation Automap Control remotemap has been updated
- Remote support for Teenage Engineering OP-1 has been added.
Reason 6.0.1 / Reason Essentials 1.0.1 Release Notes
- In rare cases, the Save and Optimize could destroy the song file. This would happen if the operating system reported a problem to Reason at a bad (very specific) moment during save and optimize.
- Using the context menu on text fields in the tool window that could cause a crash.
- If some actions were performed in the browser while the name of a Favorite was being edited, this could cause a crash.
- Tempo map information embedded in audio files within ReFills couldn't be read properly. Now it can.
- The program now includes Line 6 TWXY 5.26.0. This allows access to computer authorized Line 6 models in Reason and makes the program compatible with Pod Farm 2.5.
- Zooming with the scroll wheel has been made smoother.
- The vertical navigator in the mixer did not reappear correctly (after being automatically hidden).
- The previous version accidentally included a beta version of ReWire. Now, the deployment version is included instead.
- Removed some misplaced text from the context menu in mixer (when running the program in French).