Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The sampler to put an end to all samplers (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=102504)

Mehdo 2008-02-19 08:04

The sampler to put an end to all samplers

A sampler not sample player as the NN19 and NNXT are, but an actual sampler inside reason. What would I call it don't matter thats Pheads job but the ideal is this take all the samplers of today and yesterday and put them all together like you did with thor all the synthesis possible put in one device. So this sampler should be able to record audio directly from the sound card 5 mins is more than enough. Functions that are a must is 12bit-16bit modes along with 11kmhz-44.1kmhz modes, auto chop, auto chop and sample map, manual chop, waveform display, multisample, ability to read any sample format, abitlity to save in Thor, NN19, NNXT, Maltrom, Subtractor, Redrum, and Dr. Rex formats. Loads .wav, aiff, Mp3, wma, SF2, and Rex formats. Have same synthesis capabilities as Thor but with alot more filter types. Reverse sample, and send to device function meaning after editing sample you can send samples directly to other devices once you save in that particular format this would create that device on a track. This new sampler would also be abale to play loops like the Dr. Rex. these are just my ideals anyone else have any to add please do and Pheads hopefully you guys are reading this one espeacially this would allow reason to compete with the synth sampler workstations like Fantoms, tritons and MPC's.

helmutson 2008-02-19 09:19

Re: The sampler to put an end to all samplers

: ... the VariPhrase tech from Roland (VP-9000 or V-Synth) would be cool ,as I mentioned before ...

Koshdukai 2008-02-19 12:29

: Nice suggestions, but I have some questions:

:abitlity to save in Thor, [...] Maltrom, Subtractor, [...]
:

huh?!

Are you suggesting to upgrade those devices to OSC's with loadable waves ?!

:Redrum, and Dr. Rex formats.
:

How would this work (on a multi-sample patch)?

For the ReDrum format, it would simply save the samples mapped withing the ReDrum range and discard all the rest?!

What about saving in Dr.REX format ?
It would save only the selected sample?

:Loads .wav, aiff, Mp3, wma, SF2, and Rex formats.
:

Don't forget the open standard .SFZ

pfog 2008-02-19 16:16

your more likely to see that in Sonar, if anything. Roland are involved with cakewalk moreso now or as a standalone VST.. maybe it will arrive one day.

I think asking for a full sized sampler, is well.. a bit much.. look at the price of standalone samplers.. halion / kontakt etc.

Also there might be the issue with monopolies.. crazy as that sounds, other companies can say props are being unfair to the market.. more functionality for sure would be nice in nnxt , BUT I can't see it getting done. Also recycle users wouldn't be over the moon about that ;-)

: : ... the VariPhrase tech from Roland (VP-9000 or V-Synth) would be cool ,as I mentioned before ...

Mehdo 2008-02-20 04:56

: : Nice suggestions, but I have some questions:
:
:
: :abitlity to save in Thor, [...] Maltrom, Subtractor, [...]
: :
:
: huh?!
:
: Are you suggesting to upgrade those devices to OSC's with loadable waves ?!
:
:
: :Redrum, and Dr. Rex formats.
:
: How would this work (on a multi-sample patch)?
:
: For the ReDrum format, it would simply save the samples mapped withing the ReDrum range and discard all the rest?!
:
: What about saving in Dr.REX format ?
: It would save only the selected sample?
:
:
: :Loads .wav, aiff, Mp3, wma, SF2, and Rex formats.
:
: Don't forget the open standard .SFZ
:

Oh did I forget to mention a new drum machine with 64 channels with bank switch. Redrum 2. How ever props are able to do it. I'm just making suggestions Right now look what the Roland Fantom G can do sure If I owned a Roland xp 60 Reason blows that away or any other keyboard synth without a sampler in it but what about the Triton, Fantom, there is no way I would get rid of those for Reason at this moment in time now a sampler that actually samples and autochop thats it.

evoldnb 2008-02-24 13:25

if u wanna reverse samples, try audacity. its free. but u probably already know this- someone may not but innit.

http://www.sourceforge.com

Godin1605 2008-02-24 14:03

: if u wanna reverse samples, try audacity. its free. but u probably already know this- someone may not but innit.
:
: http://www.sourceforge.com

well, before that, use the nnxt to save time.
just load the sample and have it on reverse mode.
no extra files.

pfog 2008-02-24 17:46

you can just change the play mode in NNXT to play it reversed also =)

but audacity is nice, I would really like it moreso if it had Rex / rex 2 support though =)

: if u wanna reverse samples, try audacity. its free. but u probably already know this- someone may not but innit.
:
: http://www.sourceforge.com

konsume242 2008-03-02 05:51

: A sampler not sample player as the NN19 and NNXT are, but an actual sampler inside reason. What would I call it don't matter thats Pheads job but the ideal is this take all the samplers of today and yesterday and put them all together like you did with thor all the synthesis possible put in one device. So this sampler should be able to record audio directly from the sound card 5 mins is more than enough. Functions that are a must is 12bit-16bit modes along with 11kmhz-44.1kmhz modes, auto chop, auto chop and sample map, manual chop, waveform display, multisample, ability to read any sample format, abitlity to save in Thor, NN19, NNXT, Maltrom, Subtractor, Redrum, and Dr. Rex formats. Loads .wav, aiff, Mp3, wma, SF2, and Rex formats. Have same synthesis capabilities as Thor but with alot more filter types. Reverse sample, and send to device function meaning after editing sample you can send samples directly to other devices once you save in that particular format this would create that device on a track. This new sampler would also be abale to play loops like the Dr. Rex. these are just my ideals anyone else have any to add please do and Pheads hopefully you guys are reading this one espeacially this would allow reason to compete with the synth sampler workstations like Fantoms, tritons and MPC's.

I like this idea.
I would be cool if they just gave us the ability to sample within reason itself meaning a sample record button on the NNXT that would sample anything in the rack and allocate the samples accordingly.
I know I can export anything reason can play and load it back into the NNXT but this would be a time saver for me.
I come from the hardware samplers where I would run a bunch synths to a mixer and sample them and it sounded unnatural and just strange, I know I can accomplish this in other ways but this would be cool.
And its just my opinion so don,t worry about shooting me down.
Later man

Andy

JDaniels 2008-03-02 13:45

All props need to do is a more efficient way to record and chop samples. Like I have to open 3 different apps just to record and sequence a sample! thats not intuitive in the slightest. Infact, thats a major step back from ancient hardware samplers from the late 80's to mid 90's which were mostly just point aim and record devices.

I really do love reasons environment. Its just very sluggish in the sampling department....