Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Glitch effect unit (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=105156)

assand 2008-07-22 20:41

Glitch effect unit

How about a glitch effect unit, something like this one?

superpatou 2008-07-23 05:31

++++++++++++1

i use it all the time

juggaloj69 2008-07-23 07:45

i would love to see a glitch device inside of reason!!! LOL. that would be spectacular. if your also the kind of guy who messes with vst's, search for DestroyFX Buffer Override. its a good glitch effect, get that n DBLUEs glitch and your well on your way to a good time.

AikiGhost 2008-07-23 09:16

I do a glitch and IDM refill that has a bunch of glitch kits and combis in it.

playboy19 2008-07-23 15:56

this by far the best glitch/repeater vst plug in out there and its free!!
i doubt if propellerheads going to design something similar, and even if they do, by the time it will be out this effect it will be outdated.

iammane 2008-07-24 20:24

With enough elbow grease you can emulate the effects used in dblue in reason. It's not a fun task, lol, but is plausible

AikiGhost 2008-07-25 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammane (Post 580650)
With enough elbow grease you can emulate the effects used in dblue in reason. It's not a fun task, lol, but is plausible

Also once you do it you can save the patch as a combi and you have it for good.

playboy19 2008-07-28 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammane (Post 580650)

not even close you can emulate the glitch plug in because it has to many dedicated parameters for this kind of work.

but it would be nice if propellerheads contact "kieran foster" the designer of glitch plug in, to collaborate and design a simillar fx inside reason.
after all, this guy is giving for free this plug in.

iammane 2008-07-28 14:59

I'll agree to disagree, the most difficult to emulate would be the reverse, shuffle and tapestop. Those might be impossible, actually, but everything else is possible as I've done them.

In any event, a dedicated unit for this would be sweet but it's sort of a niche audience and won't be happening anytime soon :( back to the rewiring drawing board

playboy19 2008-07-31 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammane (Post 580989)
I'll agree to disagree, the most difficult to emulate would be the reverse, shuffle and tapestop. Those might be impossible, actually, but everything else is possible as I've done them.
In any event, a dedicated unit for this would be sweet but it's sort of a niche audience and won't be happening anytime soon :( back to the rewiring drawing board

even if you did something similar, you must've spend huge amount of time to do this!
as you said, a dedicated unit would be ideal for this job!

minimal-techno-electro music is on top at the moment, and for this music a device like this is must!
i'm pretty sure that if a device like this appears in reason it will be overused!