Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Access Denied - device denied access (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=107289)

2008-11-06 19:17

Access Denied - device denied access

Trouble when switching computer

I just bought a new laptop (HP Compaq Win Vista 2GB RAM) and installed Reason 4, and put all my samples and reasonfiles on it from my old computer.
I have tested this before two weeks ago on another laptop (also HP Compaq Win Vista 2GB RAM) and it worked perfect (the only thing I had to do was to help the computer find some of the samples). But this time it doesn't...

With almost all my reasonfiles I have great problems with Opening, Saving, Copying and Pasting.

OPEN
The only thing I can do to open a file is by clicking on it, I can't open the file from Reason. This is the only way to get into the file, by clicking on it. But this is not the big problem. This is:

SAVE
Now when I have opened a file I can work in it and listen to it, but I can't Save it.

COPY / PASTE
And I can't copy or paste any device or part of the song to a new document (new documents I can still save though...) to save it from the new document as a remake/copy of the song I can't save.

Every time I try to do any of this this message pops up:

"Access Denied

The Operation could not be completed because the device denied access."

... and the only thing to do is to click on the OK-button.

I have read some about it on the internet but it is only people with mac who's got the same problem when they are moving files between computers, and they doesn't have any solution.

What am I gonna do about it? Is this going to be like this every time I switch computer???

dioxide 2008-11-06 19:24

Contact tech support. I had a similar problem but I can't remember the solution to be honest.

2008-11-06 19:28

Oh please! Can't you remember anything?

dioxide 2008-11-06 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by emanuel85 (Post 594181)
Oh please! Can't you remember anything?

I remember it was a pain in the arse.

Try messing round with the embedded samples and fix permissions, I can't remember. Register your software and maybe someone else will chime in and help.

2008-11-06 20:04

PROBLEM: NNXT's with extern wav-samples

Now I tried to delete all the NNXT-samplers where I use extern WAV-samples. And Now I can Save again and it works perfect. At least one step closer! Now I just have to remake all the 9999 NNXT's and their tracks... Eehh

=/

lowlifebware 2008-11-07 03:42

register and ask tech support

2008-11-07 16:50

I just dont get it. Does tech support have some great secret solution or what?!
This is not some problem that only I have, there are many more then I who's got this kind of problems when they change computers, I think they should put it in some FAQ. Oh no, sorry, I forgot. If they claims that there are such problems in their product no one will care about buying it. Almost like today but even worse.
I'm looking forward to a great support and I wont tell anyone else how they are going to solve their problems!

Or not.
Thank the support.

Luapy 2008-11-07 17:09

Stop moaning. Register your software and ask tech support. And I hope that is the last time anyone has to tell you.
Yes, tech support probably DO have a solution, because thats what they are there for, and they have seen it all. Plus, unlike some software companies, PropHeads tech support do actually listen and they do actually try to help users fix their issues.

Finally, we get a lot of stupid people here with pirate copies of the software, and obviously they cant register the software, yet the retards still come to the official forum looking for help. So if you don't wish to look like one of those fools, then you'd be wise to register your software. That way forum users will be more willing to provide help for you, plus you can use tech support, if you want. You have nothing to lose.

2008-11-11 21:59

PROBLEM SOLVED: Reload Patches

Yeah well. Now I solved the problem by myself. It was all devices with my own patches so I just had to re-load them.

Now I will stop moaning. And I think you all out there can stop moaning about pirates. I have money so I can buy this product but I think people without money should be able to music to. Don't you?

eric 2008-11-11 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by emanuel85 (Post 594817)
I have money so I can buy this product...

So Buy Reason! ;p