Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   VST plugins for Propellerhead RECORD (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=111334)

SteveBounce 2009-05-14 01:58

VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD

Suggested Feature For RECORD

I am a crazy Fan of propellerhead Reason and i am glad to hear about the latest new product called RECORD.
Propellerhead is about to break into the music industry with the idea of this product called RECORD (as for me, i call it REASONABLE) and to do this i suggest Propellerhead take into account by adding features listed below:

1. Integrating or enabling the use of VST and AU plugins.
2. Routing or enabling the use of Hardware Sound Modules without the need of rewiring to other DAW.
3. Mixing and Mastering (like in Reason 4.0) which will also include their Templates (Optional).
4. Exporting audio as MP3..

If all this can be added i believe that it will be of a great relief to all.
Please, if you support the idea kindly post your comment to share more views join me in the campaign VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD!!!

Thank you.

Monkatron 2009-05-14 04:32

I SECOND THE audio units and Vst support .. and get some better effect devices already

62gala 2009-05-14 16:37

I also agree Vst.

SteveBounce 2009-05-15 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBounce (Post 623124)

I am a crazy Fan of propellerhead Reason and i am glad to hear about the latest new product called RECORD.
Propellerhead is about to break into the music industry with the idea of this product called RECORD (as for me, i call it REASONABLE) and to do this i suggest Propellerhead take into account by adding features listed below:

2. Routing or enabling the use of Hardware Sound Modules without the need of rewiring to other DAW.
3. Mixing and Mastering (like in Reason 4.0) which will also include their Templates (Optional).

Please, if you support the idea kindly post your comment to share more views join me in the campaign VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD!!!

Thank you.

If Propellerhead at the end of the day decide not to add the features we all have been asking especially having VST & AU Plugins enabled in RECORD it will be like serving Rice without Stew.

phasys 2009-05-15 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBounce (Post 623620)
If Propellerhead at the end of the day decide not to add the features we all have been asking especially having VST & AU Plugins enabled in RECORD it will be like serving Rice without Stew.

I haven't been asking that. Also, many others have not been asking that. Also, I don't even want it. Also, I do not like stew. Anyway, if you're so desperate about using your VST's, then use something else. In that case, Reason or Record is just not for you.

Nuffe 2009-05-15 11:57

Quote:

If you are are in such need of a nice chunky piece of Stew, then there is plenty of Stew to get elsewere...

Anomecron 2009-05-15 13:13

Quote:

It's a product called "RECORD" not "OMNI OMNIBUS" - hell it's not even touted as a fully blown daw.
Stop expecting it to act like one.

Anomecron 2009-05-15 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBounce (Post 623124)

Thank you.

1 - Rewire is the means by which Propellerhead software integrates - it holds true for Reason & Rebirth do you think Record is going to break with that paradigm - A fully blown DAW is better suited to those tasks no matter how much people argue otherwise. You also have a full dialog box in Record for rendering audio stems, loops, tracks etc also which is how a lot if not most people I work even when using two separate DAW's.

2 - I can do the following -
A> play my hardware in realtime (yes heaven forbid I be such a luddite).
B> use my hardware sequencer to do the same with Record slaved to the Sequencer Clock and Modules routed through my Audio Card.
C>Yes it sucks that I still like using hardware sequencing and have a win win, but such is life.

3 - is really silly, logically if you can do it Reason you can clearly do it better in Record - and I haven't even touched the damn thing.

4 - I would rather have variable bit depth and sample rate audio rendering that's tight and phase coherent and use an application that does MP3 conversion the way i want it too. I mean hell I prefer AAC, Flac and Ogg Vorbis as compression formats and I'm not demanding or even requesting ANY of them get implemented in RECORD.

5 - How did half you people cope in 100% hardware days (you know like the late 80's and a large part of the 90's) - yes enquiring minds would like to know.

clip 2009-05-15 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by anomecron (Post 623652)
1 - rewire is the means by which propellerhead software integrates - it holds true for reason & rebirth do you think record is going to break with that paradigm - a fully blown daw is better suited to those tasks no matter how much people argue otherwise. You also have a full dialog box in record for rendering audio stems, loops, tracks etc also which is how a lot if not most people i work even when using two separate daw's.

2 - i can do the following -
a> play my hardware in realtime (yes heaven forbid i be such a luddite).
B> use my hardware sequencer to do the same with record slaved to the sequencer clock and modules routed through my audio card.
C>yes it sucks that i still like using hardware sequencing and have a win win, but such is life.

3 - is really silly, logically if you can do it reason you can clearly do it better in record - and i haven't even touched the damn thing.

4 - i would rather have variable bit depth and sample rate audio rendering that's tight and phase coherent and use an application that does mp3 conversion the way i want it too. I mean hell i prefer aac, flac and ogg vorbis as compression formats and i'm not demanding or even requesting any of them get implemented in record.

5 - how did half you people cope in 100% hardware days (you know like the late 80's and a large part of the 90's) - yes enquiring minds would like to know.

they didn't people are spoiled these days they have no clue the real power in record ive used it and im using it now its a great piece of software i have no use for the other daws for my music making purpose and trust me i have most of them

phasys 2009-05-15 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by clip (Post 623654)
they didn't people are spoiled these days they have no clue the real power in record ive used it and im using it now its a great piece of software i have no use for the other daws for my music making purpose and trust me i have most of them

People don't want to record. They wanna screw around with features all day and hope they accidentaly get something right. That's what they usually mean when they talk about "lost creativity". That's when they accidentaly stumble onto something and are afraid they can't reproduce it anymore. Which is probably why they should record. Go figure.