Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Reason 5 needs something like this. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=118287)

eXode 2009-11-29 07:48

Reason 5 needs something like this.

I know of at least one person that is going to agree. :)

http://www.psoft.co.jp/en/images/sto...main_large.gif

I sure love my sphagetti! ;)

The picture is a screenshot of the VOID Modular System

dioxide 2009-11-29 10:43

Looks interesting, although I'll happily confess to not really understanding a lot of what is going on with the modules.

I'm quite liking Thor's modulation matrix approach to be honest and I'm hoping this will also make it easily expandable in future versions. For example it would be good to be able to route two separate signals from an FM pair oscillator for use in the mod matrix, and it wouldn't break compatibility with current patches.

Have you seen what U-He are up to at the minute with the ACE and Berlin Modular? I'm sticking with Thor myself but from my experience with Zebra, this stuff will sound good.

eXode 2009-11-29 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dioxide (Post 675942)
Have you seen what U-He are up to at the minute with the ACE and Berlin Modular? I'm sticking with Thor myself but from my experience with Zebra, this stuff will sound good.

I have just purchased the preview version of ACE. It sounds great! Actually it's one of the best sounding softsynth I've heard. The filters are brilliant! Quite a CPU hog with accurate setting though. Still at 69€ it's a bargain for such a flexible little synth.

eXode 2009-11-29 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dioxide (Post 675942)
I'm quite liking Thor's modulation matrix approach to be honest and I'm hoping this will also make it easily expandable in future versions. For example it would be good to be able to route two separate signals from an FM pair oscillator for use in the mod matrix, and it wouldn't break compatibility with current patches.

Well yeah, tbh I'd settle with a expanded thor as well. I'd love to double up on everything in Thor, you know add a "Page 2" button or something and add a larger Mod Matrix, maybe on a page of it's own as well. They could call it Odin or something like that!

Also I'd love to see new versions of both subtractor and malström that added mod-matrix's of their own. It would extend their usability considerably.

All dreams I guess, I doubt it would ever happen but it would be nice still.

sosoundz 2009-11-29 21:19

indeed could be fun!

id love to see a dedicated mod matrix rack with all parameters available in loaded project accessible, just seems much simpler to work with.

Damn tho, FL has stepped up!!!

Peaceout

lowlifebware 2009-11-30 01:19

I do hope there is a "hide cables" facility.

210 GBP is pretty heavy going but I look at this thing and think it might just be worth it. Something similar in Reason 5 would certainly be kinky, I particularly like the thought of having those little scopes be connectable in modular fashion, and a CV out on those would be pretty immense.

As a GUI decision, I think it might benefit from a preference choice, where you can set it to have context menu dropdowns as opposed to the front panel wiring. Or even better have all of the wiring on the back, which would make it more flexible for use within Reason, and if it was worked as a "Master" global skin with some global audio/cv inputs, and a programmer window......

Yip, I like it
B

Rucafest 2009-11-30 10:09

Thats what id also love to see with THOR, OSc Wav draw function, then you really can create anything.

playboy19 2009-12-03 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXode (Post 675937)
I know of at least one person that is going to agree. :)

http://www.psoft.co.jp/en/images/sto...main_large.gif

I sure love my sphagetti! ;)

The picture is a screenshot of the VOID Modular System

yes it sound like a powerful soft synth but I’ll have a deeper conclusion when i’ll get my hands on it! it would more than great to have this synth inside Reason along with other powerful soft synths that are out there!

as long as props want to keep Reason outside VST (which I found more than frustrating) I think its logical to collaborate with other soft and hardware manufactures (as they did with Line6 for Record) to develop their soft synths/effects for their closed protocol/code of Reason!

this way Reason will continue to be “closed” but most importantly it will be often updated with critical fresh devices, and we’ll don’t have to wait ages to see small updates in Reason!

lofi1990 2009-12-03 17:15

that synth looks interesting, it looks like it creates a fully modular environment, no?

that would have benefits and drawbacks.

i don't think the props would implement something that would be that open. the stability of something like that would be questionable, and as you said, it is quite a cpu hog.

though the benefits would be uncompromising sound quality, which you would have be willing to sacrifice stability and cpu overhead for.

i think that you could achieve similar results with a combinator, multiple instances of thor, some clever cv routing, and some time and patience. though, that sort of defeats the purpose because the interface is really what makes this plugin.

playboy19 2009-12-03 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofi1990 (Post 677048)
i don't think the props would implement something that would be that open. the stability of something like that would be questionable, and as you said, it is quite a cpu hog.

when i'm saying "open" i mean something like a open code/protocol for the closed environment of Reason.
for example, Native Instruments (and almost all other companies) design their soft synths and effects in VST and AU, RTAS format. it would be more that great if props develop their own protocol "lets say RES" that would make the instruments/ effects of other companies to open inside Reason if they release it in "RES" format for Reason!

What do you think?