Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Advice on License Situation (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=118557)

ermoko 2009-12-07 20:32

Advice on License Situation

Hey,
I'm in a sticky situation. I bought Reason 3 on ebay a few years ago thinking it was a full version as it was advertised as a "brand new full version". It was only about €50 cheaper than in the shops so I wasn't suspicious. It came sealed, and has been working perfectly. It's only now when I try to upgrade to Reason 4, after having bought Record for Reason owners, that I have been informed by propellerheads that my copy is NFR and therefore not suitable for upgrade. The ebay sellers account and email address are no longer active. All I need is a license number for any version of Reason. Has anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric

eric 2009-12-07 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermoko (Post 678190)
Hey,
I'm in a sticky situation. I bought Reason 3 on ebay a few years ago thinking it was a full version as it was advertised as a "brand new full version". It was only about €50 cheaper than in the shops so I wasn't suspicious. It came sealed, and has been working perfectly. It's only now when I try to upgrade to Reason 4, after having bought Record for Reason owners, that I have been informed by propellerheads that my copy is NFR and therefore not suitable for upgrade. The ebay sellers account and email address are no longer active. All I need is a license number for any version of Reason. Has anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric

Buy or better, get (:D) another full version second hand (e.g. 2.5), have the license transferred, and upgrade.. I think it's the only cheapest way..

fgitler 2009-12-07 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermoko (Post 678190)
Hey,
Thanks,
Eric

if it was a sealed NFR version, it should have had an NFR sticker on it. of course that could have been taken off I guess....

ermoko 2009-12-08 01:18

Yeah,
Looking at the box closely I can see that a sticker has been removed from the top corner. I hadn't noticed it until now.
Thanks

ermoko 2009-12-08 01:21

Transferring an unused license would be the best option cos I don't want to fork over the full amount again. I'll keep my eye out for any cheap offers.
Thanks

eric 2009-12-08 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermoko (Post 678283)
Transferring an unused license would be the best option cos I don't want to fork over the full amount again. I'll keep my eye out for any cheap offers.
Thanks

I sent you a private message ;)

JeremyNSL 2009-12-08 01:51

That sucks... Selling NFR copies is pretty low.

Trawl the 'net in search of some old copies of Reason. I've seen copies of v1 or v2 floating around for $50 or so.

eric 2009-12-08 01:53

Let's all help him! I already found one and I sent him a private message :)

K1TTENM1TTEN 2009-12-08 02:14

Argh! I am in an incredibly similar situation to ermoko... I am so pissed! If anyone has a link to an older version of Reason or something, that would be fantastic... Otherwise I am stuck with this not so cute Propellerheads Record for Reason Owners software box/paper weight :'(

lowlifebware 2009-12-08 02:37

Check eBay on a daily basis, I've seen copies of R3 going for as low as £50, so as long as you're in the EU, or in the US buying from someone else in the US, then you don't have to worry about customs charges n stuff.

hth
B