Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reaper v Record (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=119010)

Monkeyzak 2009-12-21 23:19

Reaper v Record

I fired up Reaper tonight. Zero Latency. Riffworks - Zero Latency Audacity - Zero Latency!!!

THe problem seems to be Record. I'm bummed that I've spent so many hours on this and still have problems.

Can I use REason with Reaper does anyone know???? Its simpler to use and works great with my POD farm.

After another fruitless night messing around with my Laptop instead of playing, I'm binning it. I would not recommend this software to anyone.

If I can figure out how to use REason with REaper I'll move over to that and buy a full licence. Just hacked off I've WASTED money on Record.

Not a happy camper tonight

REading a lot of threads, theres loads of us have bought Record on the strength of some magazine articles.

You live and learn. I'm glad loads are enjoying it. Just wish it was me.,

jknight1 2009-12-21 23:25

Yes u can use reason via rewire into reaper.

dioxide 2009-12-21 23:30

Just to checking the obvious: have you adjusted the Buffer size in the Audio Preferences?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeyzak (Post 682051)
I'm binning it.

Don't do that. Sell it to me for cheap.

Monkeyzak 2009-12-21 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jknight1 (Post 682052)
Yes u can use reason via rewire into reaper.

I'm thinking. Use what I know and slowly learn Record. I reckon its never a good idea to buy the first run of a new software.

I am new to this. Whats rewire?????

I am running a UX2 and POD Farm. I open POD Farm and Reaper. I play, I record. Happy days. Thats what I wanted from Record but with the seamless link to Reason.

Thanks

Maybe I've just been unlucky but theres a lot of threads with folks not happy. I hope Proppellerhead are taking note.

THey sell the product as seamless with Line 6. Its not.

Monkeyzak 2009-12-21 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dioxide (Post 682056)
Just to checking the obvious: have you adjusted the Buffer size in the Audio Preferences?

Don't do that. Sell it to me for cheap.

I haev the buffer to a point where its causing interference. I made 2 recordings tonight. One on Reaper and one on Record.

No comparison. Even the set up of POD FARM is way ahead of the access to my Line 6 stuff on Record.

I feel this has been missold to Line 6 users.

I have never been so hacked off with a piece of kit. THis is a first for me.

I will keep trying with it, but right now I am unhappy

selfdude 2009-12-21 23:46

What is your record latency?

What are your tech specs?

Maybe we can help you figure out your issues.

Is it just recording latency or are you having other problems?

I would say that the record upgrade from reason would be worth it just for audio integration with reason devices and the ssl mixer. Even if you can never get the recording part working well.

Benedict 2009-12-21 23:50

You can do that but it sure ain't easy or smooth workflow :roll:

:)

avasopht 2009-12-22 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeyzak (Post 682051)
I fired up Reaper tonight. Zero Latency. Riffworks - Zero Latency Audacity - Zero Latency!!!

THe problem seems to be Record. I'm bummed that I've spent so many hours on this and still have problems.

Can I use REason with Reaper does anyone know???? Its simpler to use and works great with my POD farm.

After another fruitless night messing around with my Laptop instead of playing, I'm binning it. I would not recommend this software to anyone.

If I can figure out how to use REason with REaper I'll move over to that and buy a full licence. Just hacked off I've WASTED money on Record.

Not a happy camper tonight

REading a lot of threads, theres loads of us have bought Record on the strength of some magazine articles.

You live and learn. I'm glad loads are enjoying it. Just wish it was me.,

Hmm; Record has no latency issues - chances are that you are using the Primary Sound Driver, you need to switch to the ASIO one. I can happily run with 2ms latency in Record, and that's with a fairly low priced card :)

dioxide 2009-12-22 00:52

For anyone wanting to help out, here's another thread about his ASIO problems:

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=118949

I'm OSX so I know nothing about ASIO stuff, so I'm bowing out.

petegwatson 2009-12-22 00:58

Hi,

I use Record with Zero latency on Imac and Macbook. The software is outstanding (I also have Logic 9 and Ableton 8)... I haven't used either to record anything since getting Record (But I do use Logic for VST host and mastering).

It is a shame you have not been able to get this working. For me the experience was literally plug in and start playing. I would highly recommend record, it really is worth persevering to get it working.