Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 5 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=120992)

2010-02-23 06:22

Reason 5

Lately i've been hearing buzz about a new reason 5 (Possibly).

Can anyone even confirm that this will happen, like that there is defiantly going to be a Reason 5 and when will it be?

I love Reason 4, but I think we need a new update! Moar features!!!

:D

CharlesRES 2010-02-23 10:37

I supose Record is the Reason 5.

Speedy909 2010-02-23 10:37

A lot of people have been mistaking Record for Reason 5!! Maybe thats what you have heard!!

dudelab21 2010-02-23 12:10

Reason 5 is still coming, and we don't know when, only the Props do. Record is a different product. They said that themselves.

Me on the other hand, wants a new synth with anti-aliasing oscillators and a new sampler(Hopefully). New effects also like multiband compressor, spectrum analyzer(or maybe not)LOL, Convolution reverb, maybe beat repeat, and some Propellerheads original effects... But, they should really consider to bring a lot of cool effects, considering the POWER of Record. It would be stupid if they will not bring in some new ones.

Oh yeah, MIDI Out...LOL I mean cmon! Is the MIDI out really a threath for the company coz people wants to use their hardware and not refills??? Or maybe we can forget about the effects, and just add this feature...LOL People will go crazy if props will add this next year. Coz the thing is, some synth sounds can't be played live, some needs to be drawn(you know those complicated electro stuff), and the automations too. So it really is a must to add MIDI out. Hope Props can read this...LOL(END OF RANT)

pushedbutton 2010-02-23 12:25

mmmmmm multitouch.

Speedy909 2010-02-23 12:46

Is there going to be a Reason 5...maybe now that Record is out Reason 4 is the last version and any new devices will simply be put into Record 2.0!!

guento 2010-02-23 13:32

I think so..

cybernetictorture 2010-02-23 14:55

i always laugh whne people ask on the boards whens such and such program coming out? when the truth actually is, all the sudden some user will browse the props website and bam! reason 5 and all its features are listed. the props never leak ;)

StormCanada 2010-02-23 16:54

Correction.....they 'leaked' Reason 1. They promoted it by building the site so you could follow along with the progress. Times are different now though admittedly.

I think it will be awhile before you'll see a Reason 5 if they even do. But they will use some of the things they learned from Record and put it in Reason.

fgitler 2010-02-23 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy909 (Post 697105)
Is there going to be a Reason 5...maybe now that Record is out Reason 4 is the last version and any new devices will simply be put into Record 2.0!!

They've said that development on Reason continues. Their business model is to have to separate products that work well together--in unison. Record on it's own has very few of Reason's features right now, so new samplers, drum machines, sythns, etc would remain part of Reason.

btw Record has a couple of different Beat Repeater combis, and I think some have also been developed by Reason users.