Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Separate forum section for unregistered users (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=124130)

KidBomba 2010-05-26 06:59

Separate forum section for unregistered users

I don't know why Props has an open concept forum where unregistered users are free to roam and post. Those who have not payed for the product, have not registered their copy, are testing, demoing (maybe they pirated the software?) they shouldn't be allowed in the registered users forum. Maybe just have one forum section for unregistered to post, whine, or say good things, opinions, etc. I mean, its nice to see that anyone can come and share thoughts, but ANYONE? do we really want anyone in here? I don't mean to say this to all unregistered users maybe the competition , spies, or who knows who, among an ocean of reason users, is it really wise from a marketing perspective?

IMO, this open forum concept is kind of strange. No offense to unregistered users, but I paid for this thing, I want a VIP lounge here :P

thoughts?

penguinoid 2010-05-26 07:03

ummm, I totally agree, they should have a general forum for unregistered users, as well as an exclusive user forum where only registered users can post. This is a brilliant idea, hopefully they will implement it soon!

clarktw 2010-05-26 15:59

The User Forum is our VIP lounge. You have to be registered to access it. Also, if we link a User Forum post or thread in the other forums to answer a question, unregistered users can't see it. They get an "access denied" message when they click on it. That's one of the greatest advantages of being registered, as many of our experts seldom post in the other forums. Free ReFills, the free R+R FX Sound Bank, technical support, etc. are great, but the User Forum to me is the best perk of all.

In the General Forum, I think I've gotten to where I can tell a legitimate Demo dude that wants to learn about R+R and to make a purchase decision. If it's an honest question and they express true interest, I'm there. If not, then the heck with it.

Luapy 2010-05-26 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarktw (Post 727732)
The User Forum is our VIP lounge. You have to be registered to access it. Also, if we link a User Forum post or thread in the other forums to answer a question, unregistered users can't see it. They get an "access denied" message when they click on it. That's one of the greatest advantages of being registered, as many of our experts seldom post in the other forums. Free ReFills, the free R+R FX Sound Bank, technical support, etc. are great, but the User Forum to me is the best perk of all.

In the General Forum, I think I've gotten to where I can tell a legitimate Demo dude that wants to learn about R+R and to make a purchase decision. If it's an honest question and they express true interest, I'm there. If not, then the heck with it.

The thing is, you get pretty similar content in both forums regardless.
Also, you'll notice some folk can still post in the "User" area despite having no Icons. I believe this is largely people, that had icons/registered software. Then sold it. They retain access to that forum it seems.

But yes, I do agree. We need a General Props chat forum section, and a tech help area for the use of registered folk only.

KidBomba 2010-05-26 18:33

Oh, I had no idea the user forum was VIP :P but you are right, some ppl in there do not have registered products.

But it should be the other way around I think :P Features, user music, etc, should be registered only. Then one other forum (general?) for unregistered and registered only.

superpatou 2010-05-26 19:18

i am not sure if you sell your license to someone else you keep your forum icon or not. I would argue you did contributed to the props so those ppl should still have access to the "vip" forum and maybe have a "ex-user" type icon next to their name as to why the sold it but keep coming back would mean they can still bring some input to everyone... The music forum should be vip also, i.e. for software owners only.

everyone else, general forum only.

Jagwah 2010-05-27 13:14

Yeah the music forum, I listen to a lot of stuff in there and I come across people with no icons who have made entire collections.. It's obvious they are just attempting to get more coverage of their music which they made with different software.
It is probably also a selling point to prospective buyers of the software, to hear great music that has been made with Reason in the Music forum. And they could also contribute ideas to the Feature suggestion forum while using the demo.
Nice idea KidBomba but I can't see it happening

2010-05-27 15:00

I really agree, but the forum is a very good way to gouge how good reason is and whether to buy it yet. Now why unregistered users would be posting complaints or wants and anything other than general questions about the product i dont know.

EyesRutherford 2010-05-27 15:13

I sold my license a for Reason and Record a while back and can still access the user forum so I assume anyone who had a license at some point can.