Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   All Cats Are Grey - The Cure cover version (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=125466)

SoftEnerji 2010-06-12 12:28

All Cats Are Grey - The Cure cover version
 
Been kicking this around for the past two or three weeks and decided it was time to get it out there. This is one of my favourite Cure songs from probably my favourite Cure album. I've tried to keep the atmosphere of the original while hoping to add my own Soft Enerji slant to it.

Link here http://softenerji.bandcamp.com/track/all-cats-are-grey or the Bandcamp link below

Feedback mostest welcome:D

ag858 2010-06-12 15:13

How did you get that drum sound, it sounds good? I like how your ambient style lends itself well to covering the sound of the Cure. Both styles have lush decorum, theirs with guitars, yours with pads and polysynths (i think). Yeah, I think if the rest of your vocal album is like this, it's gonna be a winner. Your Robert Smith impression is pretty accurate in the chorus, Mark! Nice one!

Adam

ohmygoff 2010-06-12 15:29

Nice one. My favourite from "Faith", together with Funeral Party. Captures the original's mood, but could to with a little less overall brightness IMHO (just nuances). Nice work with the reverb; I just listened to the original and realized that Dr. Bob really drowned that track in it.

SoftEnerji 2010-06-13 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ag858 (Post 741483)
How did you get that drum sound, it sounds good? I like how your ambient style lends itself well to covering the sound of the Cure. Both styles have lush decorum, theirs with guitars, yours with pads and polysynths (i think). Yeah, I think if the rest of your vocal album is like this, it's gonna be a winner. Your Robert Smith impression is pretty accurate in the chorus, Mark! Nice one!

Adam

Hey Adam, thanks amn. I did the drums in RDK2 routed externally to the mixer, I've been playing with that configuration for a while now and I seem to be getting the hang of it. James Bernard's vid a couple of weeks back gave me some ideas I'd not thought of too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmygoff (Post 741484)
Nice one. My favourite from "Faith", together with Funeral Party. Captures the original's mood, but could to with a little less overall brightness IMHO (just nuances). Nice work with the reverb; I just listened to the original and realized that Dr. Bob really drowned that track in it.

Thanks dude. You're right it was a bit bright. That's because I'd bypassed the mastering suite. D'oh! I've uploaded a new version now and it's got a bit more bottom end.

Cheers

Mark

ohmygoff 2010-06-13 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoftEnerji (Post 741680)
Thanks dude. You're right it was a bit bright. That's because I'd bypassed the mastering suite. D'oh! I've uploaded a new version now and it's got a bit more bottom end.

That's it. Great. ;)

KIBEJA 2010-06-14 02:12

Mark,

This is lush and deep and your vox is extra good. Kudos with what is another wonderful example of your skill as a musician and a producer.


Chris

SoftEnerji 2010-06-15 03:54

Howdy Chris and thanks!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:27.