Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Propellerheads Please Lose the Ignition key for Record! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=129083)

LoveBugMusic 2010-08-29 09:32

Propellerheads Please Lose the Ignition key for Record!
 
Lets start a Movement here guys!

Straight up I am gonna start by saying that the ignition key is a really, really bad idea.

This is THE BIGGEST REASON I DONT USE PRO TOOLS!!!

I do all my beats off my Mac Book and the last thing I need is to carry around a USB HUB, or have it accidentally removed.

I know you guys need to Protect your products but you guys really need to find a better way around it.

I totally want to get Record NOW, but since I heard it came with a Ignition key it turned me off. I had so many problems with Protools and back in the day with Logic 7 that I DO NOT deal with Ignition keys.

After a day of playing with Record, it has brought this dieing soul back to Life in a matter of a day.


But the ignition key has to go!!!


I Love your Products and I Buy all my Software, so you guys need to come up with a better solution for us loyal costumers.


Guys, what do you think? Sound off!



Ernest Joy-

House Music all Night Long!

gorkomatic 2010-08-29 09:44

I just wanted to make you aware of the fact that cross posting is generally considered poor forum etiquette on these boards. Since this is a feature request (sort of), the Feature Suggestion forum would be the appropriate place to post this. This topic has been discussed quite a bit in other threads as well. Best of luck to you.

LoveBugMusic 2010-08-29 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorkomatic (Post 777944)
I just wanted to make you aware of the fact that cross posting is generally considered poor forum etiquette on these boards. Since this is a feature request (sort of), the Feature Suggestion forum would be the appropriate place to post this. This topic has been discussed quite a bit in other threads as well. Best of luck to you.

No I posted on the wrong area so I added it in here.

Thanks for the heads up!

gorkomatic 2010-08-29 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by djerniex (Post 777945)
No I posted on the wrong area so I added it in here.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ah got ya. Take care.

always 2010-08-29 12:20

Personally I don't mind the dongle... for propellerheads products. In fact it would be great if they would lock Reason to it as well so that they can assure that their products are not being stolen. When I was younger I didn't see the problem in piracy and thought it was great to get software for free, but as I got older I realized that by buying their products I am supporting their developers and allowing them to make more of the software that I love and use and make money from... that's only fair right? I mean if everyone pirated Reason and Record then the Prop's wouldn't get paid and would probably move on to some mundane job they hated in order to make a living. Dealing with such a small thing as a dongle (which you could easily accommodate with a cheap usb hub if you are running out of ports) in order to use software that you value is not something to really complain about... that's just me though.

okang 2010-08-29 21:53

this is too simple stick the dongle in to start your project take it out when you want to use the extra usb port for something else simple or buy an extra usb hub its not like they cost $100

MattiasHG 2010-08-29 21:55

Propellerheads, please introduce the Ignition Key for Reason too. Disc verification is pretty old and the key/internet verification is amazing! Thanks :)

phasys 2010-08-29 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattiasHG (Post 778304)
Propellerheads, please introduce the Ignition Key for Reason too. Disc verification is pretty old and the key/internet verification is amazing! Thanks :)

I'll sign that petition.

Droog 2010-08-29 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by always (Post 777988)
Personally I don't mind the dongle... for propellerheads products. In fact it would be great if they would lock Reason to it as well so that they can assure that their products are not being stolen. When I was younger I didn't see the problem in piracy and thought it was great to get software for free, but as I got older I realized that by buying their products I am supporting their developers and allowing them to make more of the software that I love and use and make money from... that's only fair right? I mean if everyone pirated Reason and Record then the Prop's wouldn't get paid and would probably move on to some mundane job they hated in order to make a living. Dealing with such a small thing as a dongle (which you could easily accommodate with a cheap usb hub if you are running out of ports) in order to use software that you value is not something to really complain about... that's just me though.

this is total BS your talking as if everyone uses warez unless the product has amazing copy protection forcing them to buy.

warez is theft i and many others are not in the business of stealing.

people who don't want to pay NEVER will.

if you think more people will buy reason and record because it has heavy copy protection you are wrong. you will just fuck so many people off in the end for treating good loyal honest customors like potential thieves .

always 2010-08-30 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droog (Post 778326)
this is total BS your talking as if everyone uses warez unless the product has amazing copy protection forcing them to buy.

warez is theft i and many others are not in the business of stealing.

people who don't want to pay NEVER will.

if you think more people will buy reason and record because it has heavy copy protection you are wrong. you will just fuck so many people off in the end for treating good loyal honest customors like potential thieves .

So what exactly is your problem with using the dongle then?? I didn't mean to imply everyone pirates software, but I'll bet you that many of the people who are really vocal about not wanting the dongle are pirating. And why exactly is Properllheads treating their customers like thieves? Look at the industry, software piracy is rampant! I don't know where you live Droog, but imagine yourself living in the projects in downtown detroit and you have some nice s#it in your house.... do you lock the door when you leave? The propellerheads are just protecting their IP!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:15.