Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What sucks more than Neptune ? Propellerheads customer service. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=129094)

richymoore 2010-08-29 13:12

What sucks more than Neptune ? Propellerheads customer service.

Reason 6 will be gettin released by the time they get round to dispatching my order by the looks of things. PS . Neptune is THE WORST Auto tuner ever made, it doesn't work properly.

craste 2010-08-29 13:47

OK.

I've just cancelled my order - thanks for the heads up.

Kronsteen 2010-08-29 13:49

Like a lot of Record/Reason modules, it has its own idiosyncratic way of working, which if you don't understand it makes it seem useless.

Propellerheads don't help matters by often not properly explaining what you can do and how to do it - they expect you to figure things out for yourself. But they don't make substandard modules - if they did, then a closed (VST-less) environment like Reason would have been abandoned long ago by its users.

When I was messing around with the Record 1.5 Beta, the worst I could say about Neptune was it had a latency of around fourteen milliseconds on my laptop.

Dogboy1973 2010-08-29 13:59

We've still not heard many examples of Neptune beyond that now infamous Propellerhead's video & a couple of really bad sounding demos people have linked to. We need to see/hear more of it.

phasys 2010-08-29 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by richymoore (Post 778014)
Reason 6 will be gettin released by the time they get round to dispatching my order by the looks of things. PS . Neptune is THE WORST Auto tuner ever made, it doesn't work properly.

I just ritually burned all my Propellerhead software, including the free stickers that I got. Thanks for saving me from their evil claws.

Seriously though, grow a brain.

privteer 2010-08-29 16:43

(hmmmm... can someone link me a valid link to point me WHERE ROPOLLERHEAD TOLD THAT NEPTUNE WAS AN AUTOTUNER ??????)

please.

privteer 2010-08-29 16:44

Grrrrr... M-Class EQ sucks !!!!!! it the worst barbecue grid I ever used !!!!!

privteer 2010-08-29 16:48

oh ! and before I forget : thank you too... I've refused to sell all my Propellerhead products to a guy and now, I am sure I will go to paradise with that incomparable beautifull and graced act !!! I'm a holly saint now !!!!

Droog 2010-08-29 16:55

Neptune

Getting a vocal performance right means so much more than hitting the right notes at the right time. Sometimes you get that almost perfect performance with perfect feel and presence, but the singer might have missed a few notes. That's when Neptune can save the day. Neptune is an advanced pitch adjuster, audio transposer and voice synth for Record 1.5.
As a pitch adjuster, Neptune will fine tune the pitch of an audio track to help getting your vocal performances just right. Neptune will fix the flat notes with an unbelievable audio quality . You can select a root key and a scale that you want the adjuster to use, or create a scale that fits your song. And, yes. By cranking the pitch adjustment settings to the max, you can get that effect sound too.
Neptune is also a natural sounding audio transposer. This is a great help if you ever needed to change the key of a song that's already been recorded.
Perhaps the most creative-sparking function in Neptune is the voice synth. Play your MIDI keyboard and Neptune will create new harmonies from your vocal tracks in real time, or use it without the original voice to completely change the melody of the song. Endless creative options!

it doesnt say auto tune because it isn't made by Antares

colcifer 2010-08-29 17:21

^ Fair point, but let's hold off judgment until we get a proper tutorial.