Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Feature Request:Record Mixer in Reason (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=129614)

2010-09-03 19:22

Feature Request:Record Mixer in Reason

The reason mixer is the single most turn off for me. I only have adaptive right now, but I would upgrade in a heartbeat if propellerhead would include that amazing mixer that Record has.

If I export the same audio tracks one by one and then import them into Cubase or Pro Tools the difference in sound quality is astonishing different.

As soon as I try to mix in Reason with the included mixer, it is no where near as sweet and clear.

With only a two band EQ and no built in compression...it leaves a lot to be desired.

So please put that sweet SSL mixer in Reason..because some of us already have a DAW and just want reason by itself.

dreampolice 2010-09-03 19:56

Why not just get Record and use Reason inside of it?

particlejunkie 2010-09-03 20:43

:\ .... they might as well stop offering Record if they did this. I'll be the first to say it's a bit pricey to enter R+R from scratch, and if you're hoping to get the SSL mixer by just buying Reason and skipping the extra investment in Record I understand, but this request will never happen. It's completely against the grain of their current business plan. I'm thinking the closest thing that would happen to this is they merge Reason and Record into a single program.

2010-09-03 21:47

Not a big deal. I can use rewire instead, if I decide to upgrade to version 5. I just feel the mixer does not do Reason justice.

If you do some searching around, you find many agree that the mixer really needs an overhaul or something a little better in terms of general ease of mixing and quality.

I could just rewire into Pro Tools or Cubase..but I feel for the price tag..it's not too much to ask for a better mixer. Doesn't have to be the SSL but it could be better.

Oh, and "buying Record" is a poor solution..for someone whom already uses Pro Tools to track and mix, but thanks anyways.

particlejunkie 2010-09-03 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by numi (Post 783192)
..but I feel for the price tag..it's not too much to ask for a better mixer. Doesn't have to be the SSL but it could be better.

Yeah I agree with your point. R+R costs a bit too much for a closed system, when compared to the abilities of competing products at lower or equivalent price points. But that is the path Props are going down, and I doubt they'd gimp Record by improving Reason in this fashion.

dreampolice 2010-09-03 22:17

Quote:

Oh, and "buying Record" is a poor solution..for someone whom already uses Pro Tools to track and mix, but thanks anyways.
LMAO

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but if you already rewire and mix in Pro tools why do you want a better mixer in Reason? What difference does it make?

and if you already own Reason, Record is only $150. Cheaper than many plugins.

You do understand that Reason runs INSIDE of Record so you never have to fire up Reason again and the mixer integrates seamlessly.

2010-09-03 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreampolice (Post 783214)
LMAO

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but if you already rewire and mix in Pro tools why do you want a better mixer in Reason? What difference does it make?

and if you already own Reason, Record is only $150. Cheaper than many plugins.

You do understand that Reason runs INSIDE of Record so you never have to fire up Reason again and the mixer integrates seamlessly.

I understand how it works.

I think you are missing the point. It would be stellar to be able to "only" run reason with a decent mixer. From a price point and perspective of purchasing the product as is out of box, the mixer leaves much to be desired.

ohmygoff 2010-09-03 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by numi (Post 783257)
From a price point

... adding Record doesn't hurt that much. Compare prices for less useful plugins.

dreampolice 2010-09-03 23:38

Why not ONLY run Record?

ohmygoff 2010-09-03 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreampolice (Post 783264)
Why not ONLY run Record?

Wouldn't make much sense if it's mainly the Reason devices you're after, would it? ;)