Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Blocks to Kong - Live use (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=133968)

Anomecron 2010-12-06 08:39

Blocks to Kong - Live use

How about updating Kong in a later update so that it had a Block trigger mode -

-Loop
-Oneshot
-Reverse order
-Gate Trigger
-Loop Stop

This way we could nest entire blocks inside Kong on separate pads and free form jam out performance ideas using full blocks as well as drum sounds, samples and so on and so forth.
Would really take the whole concept to a new level performance wise IMHO.

Then we could record the "Block" performace from Kong in the linear sequencer, mess with the block and pattern offsets, copy and paste etc etc our performance.

Would be sort of similar to a session view in Live using a Kong as the basic performance tool ;).

lofi1990 2010-12-07 00:36

something like this would be pretty neat. i'm imagining the ability to create patterns that can be triggered via a controller and then record those patterns. i used to create music similarly using a tr505, an akai s3000 and some synths.

the best work around in the mean time would be recording and then triggering loops. rex files would be easiest to use in this manner (especially with the dr.octo)

Anomecron 2010-12-07 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofi1990 (Post 821890)
something like this would be pretty neat. i'm imagining the ability to create patterns that can be triggered via a controller and then record those patterns. i used to create music similarly using a tr505, an akai s3000 and some synths.

the best work around in the mean time would be recording and then triggering loops. rex files would be easiest to use in this manner (especially with the dr.octo)

I know it's a definite work around but you're limited by the slice/file limitations of Recycle working in that manner and it would open up a whole new world of compositional flexibility.

sh49004 2010-12-07 05:51

THIS!!

What I would love to be able to do is build a block. Then drag it onto a kong pad. Hit loop. Then begin to build second loop. Drag it onto a kong pad. Be able to control the cv on this pad with another device. Well this would be a great way for reason to be that much better in the on the fly performance/brainstorming department.

Also would like to see something like fruit loops where we can trigger loop point in arrangment view via midi. Something similar to the way traktor operates where we could grind over the loops we've made.

Either way something like this needs to make it to the record 2.0 upgrade.

Edit: and need to be able to trigger clips in dr octo like we can in ableton. Being able to specifc the way loops are triggered and the quantization time that they are triggered in is crucial for dr octo. Love the ability to do things in retrigger mode to 1/16 in ableton makes for some fun stuff.

Anomecron 2010-12-07 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh49004 (Post 821933)
THIS!!

What I would love to be able to do is build a block. Then drag it onto a kong pad. Hit loop. Then begin to build second loop. Drag it onto a kong pad. Be able to control the cv on this pad with another device. Well this would be a great way for reason to be that much better in the on the fly performance/brainstorming department.

Also would like to see something like fruit loops where we can trigger loop point in arrangment view via midi. Something similar to the way traktor operates where we could grind over the loops we've made.

Either way something like this needs to make it to the record 2.0 upgrade.

Edit: and need to be able to trigger clips in dr octo like we can in ableton. Being able to specifc the way loops are triggered and the quantization time that they are triggered in is crucial for dr octo. Love the ability to do things in retrigger mode to 1/16 in ableton makes for some fun stuff.

Yep exactly the sort of thing I am getting at ;)

juanpierna 2013-03-09 20:16

DAYUM! This a good idea!

dioxide 2013-03-09 22:26

I would love some improved sequencing options in Reason, live control of Blocks or pattern sequencing.

JohannEmmanuel 2013-03-09 22:36

If they update recycle a bit and build in "convert block to rex file" few 3rd party rex Res could easily fill in the gaps. Like the native instruments f1 or maschines scene launcher. They have obviously considered something like this because you can launch different rex loops with dr octorex, its a kind of cheap ass implementation imho. And the workflow is just not there. Once they implement more cross file dumping between devices and they build in recycle and developers can build sampler based modules I think most of this stuff will come through.