Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   No more Reason and Record Rants. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=134219)

cybernetictorture 2010-12-13 04:58

No more Reason and Record Rants.

thats my feature suggestion.

reason and record is what it is, its a self contained studio, and NOT a digital audio workstation.

yes, reasons instruments and effects aren't as powerful as vst/au, but they work well, they sound great, and once you start using reason, you wonder why you used to use vst/au, or why you blew your nest egg on plugins and hosts. that and propellerheads don't make you pay for anything other then reason and record. (just visit the kvr market place to see examples of buyers remorse, do you really want that?)

yes, reason and record does have plugin instrument and fx there called combinators, and serve the exact same purpose.

yes, its true reason does have a "sound" but its a awesome sound.

yes, reason is professional software, and is used by pros and hobbyist alike.

while reason and record doesn't have everything you want it has everything you will ever need.

while this is debatable, reason can make ANY sound of any software or hardware, with refills. or, well enough that you don't even notice.

yes, if aren't happy with reason and records development roadmap, reason and record is NOT for you.

clarktw 2010-12-13 05:30

Man, get down and get it on! I'm with you all the way, and sign me up for the club!

Luapy 2010-12-13 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWardle (Post 823669)
Excellent post. There are too many clowns that want the Props to turn Reason/Record into something like Cubase/Logic/Live/CrapDAW/etc. Gotta love those who claim to be manly enough to handle real hardware, but don't have the brass or brains to figure out how to use a DAW that was built for that purpose. They want the Props to figure it out for them. Cowards and thieves they are!!!

What a sanctimonious little cretin you are.
Thieves? What has that got to do with anything? Cowards? Where does that come in to it?
All people have done is make "suggestions" (After all, this is the suggestions forum) on how to improve the products.

Sure, ranting gets tiring. But there is nothing wrong with making suggestions. Even if it is for Midi out ;) You might not like that, but then you don't have to use it if you don't want it. I don't use a lot of the stuff in Reason, because it doesn't suit my needs. But I don't troll every damn thread that relates to those features I don't use. Get over yourself.

beanos 2010-12-13 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luapy (Post 823718)
What a sanctimonious little cretin you are.
Thieves? What has that got to do with anything? Cowards? Where does that come in to it?
All people have done is make "suggestions" (After all, this is the suggestions forum) on how to improve the products.

Sure, ranting gets tiring. But there is nothing wrong with making suggestions. Even if it is for Midi out ;) You might not like that, but then you don't have to use it if you don't want it. I don't use a lot of the stuff in Reason, because it doesn't suit my needs. But I don't troll every damn thread that relates to those features I don't use. Get over yourself.

Game Over !

cybernetictorture 2010-12-13 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWardle (Post 823756)
As to the relevant part of your post, I'm sure if you dig deep into the Official Midiot thread, you will find that I have already stated my position about why MIDI Out doesn't belong in Propsware many times over.

But for the lazy out there, a summary: Midiots define themselves as the "customer" and they feel entitled to demand the Props to change the vision and philosophy of their product line to fit their needs. They put together cyber-petitions and make empty threats to boycott Propsware. My response to them centers on 2 things, first, the Props have clearly defined (through their actions) what Propsware is and what it is intended for and that they shouldn't have to change or adhere to the Midiot's demands if they don't want to. Second, I have pointed out to them the existence of many alternative solutions that are specifically designed for MIDI Out purposes. But then you get a line of bull about MIDI timing or latency, and the Props are the only ones capable of fixing it.

Basically two incompatible views and we butted heads for the longest time. But once Dogboy became completely delusional and started using hippie-speak to describe how MIDI Out is somehow fated-2-be, I just had to quit posting there. I just couldn't take it anymore. A Midiot is as a Midiot does.

EXACTLY!!! what im trying to say. reason and record is what it is, because it is what it is. yes, the props for many years have clearly defined what there vision is. "a self contained music studio for musicians' if a propellerhead products user dont appreciate this vision, i think they would be more happier with a daw. thats all.

PFRfan 2010-12-13 21:09

To be fair, the Props themselves have created a forum called "Feature suggestions". Seems like this is exactly the right place for that kind of thing.

A couple of years ago Record would have been considered outside of the company "vision", but it's pretty cool.

Just remember that when people are ranting about what it doesn't do, it's usually because the REALLY like it and don't want to have to use anything else. So it's pretty much a compliment to the product.

phasys 2010-12-13 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFRfan (Post 823786)
To be fair, the Props themselves have created a forum called "Feature suggestions". Seems like this is exactly the right place for that kind of thing.

A couple of years ago Record would have been considered outside of the company "vision", but it's pretty cool.

LMAO! You think that they cooked Record up in a few months, or what?

jexter83 2010-12-13 21:25

props can do marketing experiment: release Record with VST(i) and without it. everyone will get what he want: ones get professional DAW with possibility of use huge number of instruments and effects from other companies, others get self contain and stable software. How do you like?