Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Desecrated Corpse Machine of Death (Unholy Version) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=137605)

Ixus 2011-03-12 01:03

Desecrated Corpse Machine of Death (Unholy Version)

Alright, hi eveyone!

So i made a hip hop song a while back and figured i'd go for something opposite, black metal! (or whatever you wanna call it really)

Since my main guitar is at the workshop I made it with my cheap cort in standard E tuning. I've been without my white beauty Ibanez for more than 2 months due to crappy customer service, and it has left me scratching the walls with fury!

http://myrtorp.bandcamp.com/track/de...unholy-version

I used pod farm for the tone and spent exactly 2 minutes mastering it (SSL mixer, apply mastering preset!) yes thats a rather long time to just add a patch

and yes that is me trying to growl and scream. I got a sore throat after a while and had to stop though

I hope you can bear with me, I have a huge writers block for a long time now so im happy to be able to post at all!

Greetings and may the grim reaper watch over your soul!

cbecker1983 2011-03-12 03:46

Sick shit!! I like it. Did you just use Record to mix everything?

Ixus 2011-03-12 11:19

Thanks man :D
Yeah I only used Reason and Record!

petegwatson 2011-03-12 11:48

Hi Ixus

I love it ! and nice to hear from you again... also very pleased to hear it on bandcamp... a big step up in quality over youtube:)

I hope you are reunited with your guitar soon, that your voice recovers and your creativity returns to full flow...

cheers

Pete

Ixus 2011-03-12 13:20

Thanks alot Pete! :)

Yeah google started to force google accounts on to people, I cant even log into youtube anymore without one so i figured it was time to move! I'll fiddle around with it so it looks a little more plesant.

Cheers!!

stratatonic 2011-03-12 20:32

Blääääh!

Ugh!

Death
Decapitated corpse!
BLOOOOOOD!

AAAAARARRRRAGGGGHHHHH!

Thanks a lot dude.
I will have brutal rats have pests nightmares tonight!

I thank the gods I will have one hour less of nightmares tonight due to Daylight Savings Time...

Ixus 2011-03-12 23:05

Haha you're welcome :D

eMeSDee 2011-03-13 08:37

Deathin' it up, like it lots.

I quite like your guitar tone on this, very convincing and it goes well with the synth sounds you have used. You really went for it with the vocals too, very tortured.

A really cool track m8, hope you get your guitar back soon. Keep on Rotting in the free World!

clarktw 2011-03-13 16:28

Ixus – You never cease to amaze me. One thing is for sure now: the school project song, "Piraton", which you did with friends about pirates on the prowl? There’s no question that you are the vocalist and the main composer. Your genre range is impressive. It’s obvious that metal (I think of yours as “Swede Metal”) is your forte, but one of my favorites is your “Ajax”; I’ve shown/played it for friends more than once when they had lost a fine canine companion and needed to reminisce on good memories. It’s brought a tear to more than one eye.

Anyway, I’ve got to ask: how do you do your drums? I wager that you compose by click track or a basic pattern and do the drums last. You have a true talent for making the drums interpret/embellish the instruments/vocals and therefore the song. Do you do it all in one track and Explode note lanes or multi-track? I’d love to see your .record file for this song with just the drums alone. Of course, I’d end up ripping off some of your device/patch settings and fill clips!

Now, if you don’t get your beloved Ibanez back soon and get frustrated, you should get out of those beautiful woods and fields and pop into town one weekend. A night of shooting some pool, quaffing some brew (i.e., grog) and carousing with wild women (i.e., wenches) can do wonders; especially the next morning.

Ixus 2011-03-13 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarktw (Post 850154)
Ixus – You never cease to amaze me. One thing is for sure now: the school project song, "Piraton", which you did with friends about pirates on the prowl? There’s no question that you are the vocalist and the main composer. Your genre range is impressive. It’s obvious that metal (I think of yours as “Swede Metal”) is your forte, but one of my favorites is your “Ajax”; I’ve shown/played it for friends more than once when they had lost a fine canine companion and needed to reminisce on good memories. It’s brought a tear to more than one eye.

Anyway, I’ve got to ask: how do you do your drums? I wager that you compose by click track or a basic pattern and do the drums last. You have a true talent for making the drums interpret/embellish the instruments/vocals and therefore the song. Do you do it all in one track and Explode note lanes or multi-track? I’d love to see your .record file for this song with just the drums alone. Of course, I’d end up ripping off some of your device/patch settings and fill clips!

Now, if you don’t get your beloved Ibanez back soon and get frustrated, you should get out of those beautiful woods and fields and pop into town one weekend. A night of shooting some pool, quaffing some brew (i.e., grog) and carousing with wild women (i.e., wenches) can do wonders; especially the next morning.

Whoa Thanks a bunch man!
Ah Ajax, he was a good dog!, im glad you like the song

About the drums, It's one of the first things i make for a song actually. I usually make a simple beat and loop it so that i can do some riffing over it and come up with ideas. when i have a riff I like I usually have a good idea how i want the drums to sound aswell. So i copy the simple beat over and over to get the same lenght as the riff, record the riff, and after that I program the drums so they go along with the music.

Sometimes though I do the other way around. For the breakdown for example, I did the same as above with looping a beat and come up with the riff, but then I program the drums before recording, because it actually helps me play the parts right when i have the drum track to play along with. I never play over click track as I find it quite annoying :P

And what I do is to make a single track lane, So i can program everything on the fly, without having to go into different tracks for the different drum hits, and draw everything in with the mouse. It can take a while but I think its so fun that I dont mind, and I always know how I want the drums done.
I always make my songs from A to B, I dont lay out any structures or think ahead really, and I program the drums as I go along, so that when the song has come to and end, the drum programming is pretty much done!

As my connection is painfully slow (i had to upload the songs at another place with my laptop) I could send you a .record file with a drum combi and the drum tracks only, so I dont have to upload so much!

I hope to get the guitar back on tuesday, but nevertheless, I COULD use to get out more, no question about that! haha. I surely wouldn't mind a nice tavern wench either :D

Cheers man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eMeSDee (Post 850110)
Deathin' it up, like it lots.

I quite like your guitar tone on this, very convincing and it goes well with the synth sounds you have used. You really went for it with the vocals too, very tortured.

A really cool track m8, hope you get your guitar back soon. Keep on Rotting in the free World!

Thanks alot for listening man!
Indeed it was self torture to do the vocals haha :D I have never tried to do something similar before. at around 2.30 the verse comes back in, but i was too tired to do another one so i just did some "yaaaaargh" screaming over it to get it over with!

Cheers mate!