Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Built in Browser/faster, optimised browser. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=138208)

SocialSecurity 2011-03-31 00:48

Built in Browser/faster, optimised browser.

Maybe someone has already mentioned this but I would love to see a built in browser like the one in Logic. We could then audition audio sounds while the sequence is looping/playing.
What you think?

paranoidandroid72 2011-03-31 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocialSecurity (Post 854579)
Maybe someone has already mentioned this but I would love to see a built in browser like the one in Logic. We could then audition audio sounds while the sequence is looping/playing.
What you think?

I've been auditioning sounds in reason while the sequence runs for many years, you must be doing something wrong.

Droog 2011-03-31 13:12

still , im sure reason 6 and record 2 will defiantly be big updates. reason still looks very old in some areas,
from a marketing perspective , you want things to look very good visually.

SocialSecurity 2011-04-05 16:45

I have also been doing that. What I mean is a build in browser that is within the workspace.
Also we are not able to audition audio/wavs/aiffs whilst playback, unless I'm doing something wrong.

ssilk 2011-04-05 23:33

People don't want to browse in a workspace. They want to use samples in devices.

I mean: Just adding a workspace doesn't make people work.

tunnelsurf 2011-04-06 00:50

The browser has def improved in version 5 as far as speed goes it could be faster but im sure it will get there

SparklingG 2011-04-08 16:44

The browser needs the standard environment menus. I want to be able to do what I want when I right click a file, renaming it, creating a directory, sort the files the way I want, etc.

repdaking 2011-04-29 22:52

People do want a browser, just look at the many posts asking for one. Workflow plays a big part in the utilization of the tool. Record doesn't have a very good browser. People need to be able to audition sounds, etc. when the audio is playing back and it needs to be in the workspace just like Live and some other daws have it. By the time u make a beat in record, i could have made three in Live.

tiftof 2011-04-30 01:10

New browser please. The current system feels extremely outdated. I've used both Logic and Live in the past and loved the integrated browser and drag and drop system. I would also like to see refills 2.0 that lets you search for patches of genre and mood like in NI products, Korg M1/MonoPoly and Omnisphere.

propsiman 2011-04-30 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparklingg (Post 856844)
the browser needs the standard environment menus. I want to be able to do what i want when i right click a file, renaming it, creating a directory, sort the files the way i want, etc.

+1 +1