Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dave909 - Mojo (Dutch HipHop) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=138566)

Dave909 2011-04-11 03:02

Dave909 - Mojo (Dutch HipHop)

Dave909 - Mojo

Check out my latest track. It's about losing my mojo :)

EricBom 2011-04-11 10:16

I can picture myself cruising down the boulevard in Scheveningen. :D

I'll keep repeating myself: You are a great rapper and I really dig your tracks.

Dave909 2011-04-11 15:42

Thanx! haha yeah that's exactly the vibe i want to get at with this track. It's still pretty raw around the edges. There's some background noise from some of the string sounds i need to get rid of. Will check back with an updated version soon :)

Cheers

cybernetictorture 2011-04-11 16:09

very good :)like butter

Dave909 2011-04-11 16:41

Improved version uploaded:

Dave909 - Mojo

Noise removed and did some more tweaks to the vocals. Lemme know what you think :)

EricBom 2011-04-11 20:32

Mmmmm, I don't know. Hard to tell what I like better.

Sometimes I use noise to make it sound less cold.

Let me explain by the following example:

Kid Rock made in 1993 an album called "The polyfuze method" which contained (i.m.o.)really good tracks with guitars. It sounded raw and had an certain feeling to it.

Then in 2000 he released an album called "The history of Rock" which contained reworks of songs from older albums of himself. But the tracks he reworked from the "Polyfuze method" album never really where as good as the original.

Sure they sound critical clear but it sounded to smooth and had now feeling anymore.

So this is a long story to tell that sometimes it's better to leave the song alone.
As a musician you are never happy with the results an always keep changing little bits until the point where you think.... Damn! This sound rubbish.

Don't know why I post a long thread like this. But it is no criticism towards you.
Just letting of some steam I guess.

:)

Dave909 2011-04-11 22:38

Well i can't agree with you more but as we Dutch say "Het bloed kruipt waar het niet kan gaan" haha I'm definately one of those guys who keeps tweaking till it sounds like shit lol. One moment i can be fully happy with the sound and then i listen to it again an hour later and then i start hearing things i don't like. It's an endless road haha. Really need to learn to let it go. The noise was bugging the hell out of me in the beginning of the song though. Still ain't fully happy with the vocal sound but i am gonna leave this track alone now :D Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts man appreciate it!

mastertonyd 2011-04-12 14:15

Dave, I think the bass and drums have a perfect fit on this one!

Dave909 2011-04-12 15:43

Yeah lol. It's about the only thing i'm satisfied with at the moment haha. Still working on it and one of these days i'll upload the final version.

On a side note. I used the new TC Helicon Voicetone D1 on the hook and i think it sounds pretty good. Any thoughts on it?

Cheers :)

Symphonic 2011-04-12 17:00

I think I would fiddle around with the EQ on the strings and the vocals to separate them a bit, other than that I love the song, it has a really low to the ground feel :)