Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   insane reason bug > wont save because of supposed missing file (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=140530)

omkara 2011-06-05 17:05

insane reason bug > wont save because of supposed missing file

hi,

ive wasted lots of my time on a track because it wouldnt save.

what bullshit is this?

i`ll explain, i was busy with a track; was saving throughout the entire day; i`m used to programs malfunctioning so i save basically every 5 - 10 minutes, yes i have that much confidence in todays shitty technology.

anyway, so i didnt save for about 30 minutes, thought hey, no big deal, my laptop never crashes or whatever; so i decided to save after 45 minutes orso and suddenly reason refused to save because a supposed file is missing which isnt missing at all; wtf?

reason then suggests that i save under another name perhaps even in another folder, which then refuses to save... uh right, great advice.

so i delete the kickdrum (thinking i would replace it afterwards) only to find out that reason decides that another file is missing when i wanted to save. slightly annoyed and frustrated i delete that file only to conclude that reason yet again decides another file is missing; seriously what kind of stupid bug is this; none of the files where actually missing and all files have their boxes marked in the self-contained settings.

i`ve had this bullshit before just a couple of days ago, but it just went away, but now its back. i`m religously saving every 30 seconds to make sure i dont waste my damned time.

with my luck, nobody knows whats going on and its a special bug, especially for me.

if not; please fix this shit with a patch or something; this is just stupid...

thanks in advance.

omkara 2011-06-05 17:19

obviously, this is not in any way meant offensive; i`m just a little bit frustrated and pissed off because of a lot of edits i made and now have to do again.

EdwinOlding 2012-06-30 00:33

Missing file

I have the same issue! This needs to be fixed

normen 2012-06-30 01:08

Do you guys maybe open samples in other apps? Windows has gotten a bit more picky about multiple apps opening the same file at the same time and might block access for applications due to this. What files exactly is it talking about? Samples? How did they get into the project? If they are from the main library, its a large file and those will be prone to disk problems first, did you check your disk from time to time?

dub08 2012-06-30 01:40

Did you sample these yourselves?
Or maybe edit some samples and now it wants you to unselfcontain and extract new samples?

Idk just brainstorming with you...not at my pc

Airpom 2012-06-30 05:29

What version of Reason?

sirsedric 2012-06-30 05:32

Have you tried making a support ticket to Props?

Only way the bugs get fixed is if the user base makes the devs aware of the problem!

Eidem 2012-11-28 10:54

missing sample

Yeah this is annoying, have had this happening to me several times. Some times i am able to fing a sample in a sampler that is missing, but usually not.
I'm also now stuck in a track that refuses to save. It says:

"Missing file, Unable to save document. The file "Sample 1" can not be included since it is missing."
I have gotten this message several times, sometimes it is a missing sample? Many times it says Sample 1,
as usual I have looked several times through my samplers and there is no sample 1 in any of the samplers.

1.Why is there no option of saving without the missing sample?
2 Why is there no referense to where the missing sample is located?

This should be dealt with, because it is a serious problem, SOOOOOO anoying loosing work!

Would someone from Propellerhead please respond? It is so frustrating every time it happens!

Cheers

MattiasHG 2012-11-28 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eidem (Post 1186884)
Would someone from Propellerhead please respond? It is so frustrating every time it happens!

Of course we can but this is a support request so please send it to our support via the big "SUPPORT" tab up top, That's how you get the best help with any issues. The forum is primarily meant for discussion, not technical support. :)

Recurse 2012-11-28 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattiasHG (Post 1186917)
Of course we can but this is a support request so please send it to our support via the big "SUPPORT" tab up top, That's how you get the best help with any issues. The forum is primarily meant for discussion, not technical support. :)

You must get pretty bored of saying this!