Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Propellerhead Teams Up with NativeInstruments (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=140690)

julian33 2011-06-10 01:20

Propellerhead Teams Up with NativeInstruments

I am a Propellerhead dude i traded pro tools 8 for Record and i produce and record everything on just Reason 5 and Record 1.5 but i also like the kool stuff that Native Instruments make ,yes i get propellerhead is never gone let plug ins work with it but it would be a dream come true if my all time favorite music software company Propellerhead would team up with native instruments to create a new instrument For the Reason Rack that would let me use all native instruments plug ins or there sounds i my self own Komplete 7 but i can not use it with Reason and that KILLS me.NO i do not Like ReWire ..I dont want to ever leave Reason Record So i want something with in it that would work with my NI but i guess thats just asking for plug ins to work with reason and we all know the answer to that question a BIG FAT NO. would love to see Propellerhead and Native Instruments Become Batman and Robin Lol Make some ass Kicking music.

BrrrPeoples 2011-06-11 20:49

That would be cool for Native Instruments to have their own device integrated into Reason but there is no benefit to them. Why would NI market their selves through Reason when there is no payoff. Why would a strict Reason owner buy an NI product other than the one integrated?

It's a loss to both teams on the market. NI wouldn't pay to have an instrument in the rack designed off of their own instruments. The Props would have to pay them to put the instrument in.

don7 2011-06-12 00:12

good point i got around that useing live as a host and reason record and complete7 in unison until i updated my enternet explorer that , totaled my system iam back to square one and rebuilding my modules and sound files there is away to do it ive done it already use an open source host and run all three take it from me it will work d7

ZKB9 2011-06-12 03:59

I feel like they had the opportunity to do this way back before Record came out. They could've integrated Guitar Rig into Record, which woudlve been great, but they chose to go with Line 6 instead....oh well.

EpiGenetik 2011-06-12 04:06

The Props could adopt an entirely different strategy with regards to this, I feel. It would work for both the Props and for NI.

The Props also have a longstanding business tie with Line6, as their US distributor, thus the decision to go with the Line6 devices.

cheers

scifunk 2011-06-12 08:54

It could work financially, if NI and Props sold the NI instruments as separate synths for reason - just don't call them plug ins ;-)

OR

At present RR owners generally aren't buying/using NI products so to NI there's a market there. Props could make a Record Premium Edition that included NI instruments, with NI getting paid to include its products. Save Props making a decent sampler and we could have Re:Reaktor

Ok, we can dream.

ZKB9 2011-06-12 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by scifunk (Post 873409)
it could work financially, if ni and props sold the ni instruments as separate synths for reason - just don't call them plug ins ;-)

refill. :p

scifunk 2011-06-12 09:13

A refill isn't the same as having a full blown Reaktor in the Reason rack though is it?

Anomecron 2011-06-12 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by scifunk (Post 873414)
A refill isn't the same as having a full blown Reaktor in the Reason rack though is it?

Nor is the use in the CPU Meter :P

BrrrPeoples 2011-06-13 00:05

Record users aren't buying them because they can't use them. If they open the gate for NI they might as well open the gates for everyone. The only sensible argument is the line 6 digital guitar amps already included in the rack.