Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kings Of Kong IZ the King!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=140800)

UberJimm 2011-06-14 12:03

Kings Of Kong IZ the King!!

In between a few projects I'm currently working on, I recently found the time to buy Jiggery-Pokery's Kings Of Kong refill. I just had to say something aboot how incredible this refill iz. I was in dire need of some high quality drum soundz for one of my clients. I had read many pozitive reviews here on the PHead forums aboot the Kings Of Kong refill & decided to give it a go. I'm the proud user of JP's Elements & Retrospective refills, so my expectations were set quite high for Kings Of Kong. It didn't disappoint in the least.

One thing I hafta say right away iz that all the pozitive reviewz I've read aboot it previously were vastly under-stating just how useful & spot-on it really iz. This became evident within minutes of trying out the first few patches. It extends far beyond dance/hip-hop applications. It'z really an all-in-one percussion resource. And a damn good one at that!

I just finished arranging an old-skool Synth-Pop track using several patches from the refill...... and I'm extremely pleased with the rezultz. Specifically, I was using the Roland TR-707, LinnDrum & CR-78 patches. I owned a TR-707 many yearz ago....... and all I can say iz JP quite accurately captured the tones & dynamics of it. I'm completely head-over-heels for this refill!! I'll be using it a lot more in future projects. And I can eazily see it becoming my go-to resource for drumz & percussion. It'z one of those rare refills that IMMEDIATELY inspires musical ideas.

Thanks to all of you who recommended this refill on other threads. I respect & value the opinions of so many of you. Your comments aboot this refill really helped me develop an interest in it. But my biggest praise needz to go to Jiggery-Pokery. One more World-Class product from you, M8! I'm beyond pleased with it. Exceeded all my expectations :)

Without hesitation or rezervation, I give it a full 5/5 stars!

Cheerz,

J

JiggeryPokery 2011-06-14 12:43

Oh wow, thanks, Jimmbo.

Cheque's in the post, sir ;)

UberJimm 2011-06-14 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery (Post 873903)
Oh wow, thanks, Jimmbo.

Cheque's in the post, sir ;)

LOL.... if I mek any money off this track, it iz I who would be sending YOU a cheque!! Or at least a very large selection of the finest Beer I can find. Truly great stuff , M8. :)

BTW........ the Boss patches are insanely good!

Cheerz,

J

Ligumo 2011-06-16 17:29

A combination of UberJimm's enthusiastic recommendation, the fact that he quotes Martin Gore in his signature, and my ongoing quest for a LinnDrum and 909 in R+R was enough to pique my curiosity and download this refill. I must say I'm very impressed, it's basically all the classic drum machines in one place. The REXs are an unexpected bonus - and all this for an Ayrton? Superb!

tardisboy 2012-10-24 09:34

excellent refill. kind of a steal. just wish the hi hats were mapped for open/close.

vernon22 2012-10-24 09:57

Outstanding! Jiggery Pokery KOK'd it!

raymondh 2012-10-24 10:48

Hi

I couldn't agree more.

I was blissfully unaware of the Refill until Carl Grace convinced me to buy it (he had it already and we used it on our collaboration). Really excellent vintage drum kits!

Nice job by Jiggery Pokery.

cheers
Raymond

normen 2012-10-24 10:57

I also like it very much but do all of these devices really phase the same way when playing a note twice? ;)

carlgrace 2012-10-24 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondh (Post 1162791)
Hi

I couldn't agree more.

I was blissfully unaware of the Refill until Carl Grace convinced me to buy it (he had it already and we used it on our collaboration). Really excellent vintage drum kits!

Nice job by Jiggery Pokery.

cheers
Raymond

Yep, it is one of the true gems of refill-land. A complete steal. I probably use it on 80% or more of the songs I write. Can't recommend it enough.

LEDBOO 2012-10-24 19:40

I got to check this out. Thanks.