Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Take that Pirates!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=141960)

Geneyus6 2011-07-12 20:27

Take that Pirates!!

I'm glad reason 6 will require a dongle. I'm tired of paying for upgrades and knowing there are thousands of people out there using the software for free.

Grottoman 2011-07-12 20:28

instead of being mad at them, welcome them.

ryanmals 2011-07-12 20:32

Cheaters never prosper

Exowildebeest 2011-07-12 20:32

I never cease to be amazed that there are people who think like this.

"They didn't pay but I did and now I feel bad!! Boohoo!"

If you feel bad about paying while others don't, than you're just stupid and you should have gone for the illegal version just like the evil pirates. Think Machiavellian.

You should feel good about paying because of the intrinsic value of doing something good.

Geneyus6 2011-07-12 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exowildebeest (Post 884455)

If you feel bad about paying while others don't, than you're just stupid and you should have gone for the illegal version just like the evil pirates. Think Machiavellian.

You should feel good about paying because of the intrinsic value of doing something good.

Not that I feel bad about it. I'm just glad that it'll be harder for them to break the law. Would it be wrong to be glad that police forces were created to make it harder to do wrong/break the law, even though I always keep the law? Of course not.

I'm a fan of it because it puts more money in pheads pocket when people buy there software because in turn they can spend more money on R&D and making a better product. Don't try to be deep using shallow philosophy it just makes you look silly.

robojam 2011-07-12 20:41

I probably won't upgrade to Reason 6 because of the dongle. I want software, not software that has hardware dependencies.

Does anyone really believe that pirates are suddenly going to go legit just because the software becomes harder to crack? If there was any proof that this would generate additional revenue I might reconsider, but no one has ever been able to provide even a shred of proof that this is the case.

LeopoldStotch 2011-07-12 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exowildebeest (Post 884455)

They didn't pay for it and they denied revenues to the company that makes the product, thereby making product development take longer because they don't have the revenue to hire more programmers.

That plus the fact that thieves suck.

Geneyus6 2011-07-12 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeopoldStotch (Post 884482)
They didn't pay for it and they denied revenues to the company that makes the product, thereby making product development take longer because they don't have the revenue to hire more programmers.

That plus the fact that thieves suck.

Exactly, maybe if all the pirates actually bought the software, we'd have recycle integration, midi out, etc...a little sooner?

Exowildebeest 2011-07-12 20:43

Well, I thought your post made you look silly as well.

I just get so tired of people ranting about piracy all the time.

Geneyus6 2011-07-12 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exowildebeest (Post 884489)
Well, I thought your post made you look silly as well.

I just get so tired of people ranting about piracy all the time.

Wouldn't you want to get paid for something you spent countless hours working on?