Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Can't get Reason 6 to rewire (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=146636)

kbace1 2011-09-30 06:19

Can't get Reason 6 to rewire

I've had no problems before rewiring Cubase 5 and Record/Reason 5 Duo but no luck getting Reason 6 to rewire. Anyone else having this issue

ryanharlin 2011-09-30 06:29

Mac or PC?

The first time I went to ReWire Logic to Reason 6 I had an issue and it was because Logic on my computer was the 32bit version. If Cubase is running in 32bit, then Reason needs to be in 32bit for Rewire to work. On a mac, that's as easy as just locating the Reason icon in the applications folder, choosing File -> Get Info in the Finder, and checking the Run in 32bit checkbox. Relaunch them both and ReWire will work.

On a PC I think you choose which version you install or install both and launch the right one for the right occasion.

kbace1 2011-09-30 06:49

I have a Mac.. Interesting; --> Get Info tab doesn't give me the 32 bit option to check.. Neither does Cubase.. but some of my other apps do give that option...Is there another step I need to do to get this option visible?

kbace1 2011-09-30 06:53

Never Mind.. I just found it.. I was checking on the Reason folder instead of the Reason Icon.. oops! Thanks.. I'll try it and see if it works..

kbace1 2011-09-30 06:55

It Works!! Thanks again!! Lovin Reason 6

Spectrephonic 2011-09-30 15:08

Hmm, I have the same issue with Reaper. I tried Reason in 32-bit mode and that fixed it..
You say it depends on the host not being 32-bit right? My Reaper version 4 IS 64-bit. Strange

brendonmoeller 2011-09-30 18:22

yes, not rewiring with latest version of ableton either. had no problems with all versions before.... very frustrating indeed!!

ryanharlin 2011-09-30 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendonmoeller (Post 931366)
yes, not rewiring with latest version of ableton either. had no problems with all versions before.... very frustrating indeed!!

Ableton is not yet 64bit so you'll certainly need to do the checkbox I describe above.

And to answer the question from above, the host needs to be 64bit in order to ReWire at 64bit. To use a non-music metaphor...

Me and my friend want to travel along the beach and enjoy a day out in the sun together. My friend shows up ready to run along the beach and I show up on my bike ready to pedal along the beach. If I travel at bike speed and they jog... we won't exactly be compatible. So I have to throttle my speed down to bike at a much slower jogging speed to allow us to be compatible. That's sorta like the checkbox for "run as 32bit."

joseydeclaire 2011-09-30 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectrephonic (Post 931030)
Hmm, I have the same issue with Reaper. I tried Reason in 32-bit mode and that fixed it..
You say it depends on the host not being 32-bit right? My Reaper version 4 IS 64-bit. Strange

Yes Reaper 4 it´s own is 64-bit but Reaper 4 does actually NOT support ReWire 64-bit.
Hopefully they will change this in one of their versions in future.
AND you read and know that Reaper 64-bit MAC since a long time is again and again "BETA-Version"?

(version 3 and 4, because they not shure about all working 64-bit :-)).

raleese 2012-01-24 01:11

Can't get it to work in FL Studio 10, even after installing the 32 bit version. It just hangs before it eventually crashes FL Studio. So it will try to start Reason 6, but it won't get past the first opening (welcome?) screen.