Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Unknown Exception (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=147091)

imiani 2011-10-02 03:40

Unknown Exception

In Reason 6, has anyone attempted to copy&paste instruments?

I tried to copy an NN-XT with a Pulveriser,an MClass Compressor, Scream 4 and The Echo attached to it and I got the message "Unknown Exception".

Anyone know why I might get this?

Anyone have this problem?

joseydeclaire 2011-10-02 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by imiani (Post 933953)
In Reason 6, has anyone attempted to copy&paste instruments?

I tried to copy an NN-XT with a Pulveriser,an MClass Compressor, Scream 4 and The Echo attached to it and I got the message "Unknown Exception".

Anyone know why I might get this?

Anyone have this problem?

You´re on a windows system? This was a rare bug in beta. Thought it was fixed. Can not test it actually on win.

On MAC (Leopard) actually it works (version 6.01). Shure you´re working with version 6.01??

Please tell more on which OS you are working and exactly how the devices are conected and with wich kind of copyfunction you get this error (copy track and devices or which other way)

If you can reproduce it, then please send this bug message (incl. screenshots, saved file and exact description how to reproduce) to props.

imiani 2011-10-03 18:42

sorry about the lack of info.

I am using an iMac with OS X 10.5.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I was getting the message when copy and pasting by right clicking on the actual instrument in the rack, choosing "copy devices and tracks", then choosing "paste devices and tracks".

I just decided to try it again in order be sure I was providing you with the proper order of steps I took and PRESTO! I am no longer getting the message and it is allowing me to copy/paste just fine.

Go figure!

Thanks for responding and being willing to assist anyway.

imani

joseydeclaire 2011-10-03 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by imiani (Post 935739)
sorry about the lack of info.

I am using an iMac with OS X 10.5.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I was getting the message when copy and pasting by right clicking on the actual instrument in the rack, choosing "copy devices and tracks", then choosing "paste devices and tracks".

I just decided to try it again in order be sure I was providing you with the proper order of steps I took and PRESTO! I am no longer getting the message and it is allowing me to copy/paste just fine.

Go figure!

Thanks for responding and being willing to assist anyway.

imani

Don´t worry about this. You are not alone, because this effect, that users get this message ones and after rebooting the computer never again is a knowing issue.

But why this happens, nobody knows. (I´d this problem only one time because too long names in units. But this maybe will not the effect in your case)

Fine, I think it´s fixed now and will work for you in future.

deibjerg 2011-10-13 20:22

I get the unknown exception message when I am trying to copy a bar ( It is not always doing it but still....).:
I am using MAC OS X v. 10.5.8 and Reason 6.0: never experienced this using reason 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 or Record ?? please advise...since it is quit irritating.

imadjay 2011-10-16 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by deibjerg (Post 943833)
I get the unknown exception message when I am trying to copy a bar ( It is not always doing it but still....).:
I am using MAC OS X v. 10.5.8 and Reason 6.0: never experienced this using reason 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 or Record ?? please advise...since it is quit irritating.

I'm having the same problems when I want to copy a bar. It happens when I want to copy a bar with the shortcut function CMD+C and when I go to the edit menu and press copy!

I work on a mac. 10.5.8 and using Reason 6.01

Please help me out, it is really anoying!

snapperdub 2011-10-16 15:56

Same here. It does this intermittently every few days using cmd+C. I'm using 10.5.8 and Reason 6.01

dwildstar 2011-10-18 16:09

yes. same problem. when copying midi notes or audio using cmd + c or from menu. mac os 10.5.8

Exowildebeest 2011-10-18 16:37

I got an unknown exception yesterday, when opening a newly drawn filter frequency automation clip. I quickly clicked it away, no further problems.

It was weird though, first time ever that I saw this message. The impression I'm getting from this and the forums, is that Reason 6 is slightly buggy, if still rock stable, maybe slightly buggier than earlier versions.

ICECOBRA1906 2011-10-19 00:53

Depends on the interface you're using also. I had the 003 rack and couldn't get it to work. Now I have the focusrite saffire pro 40 and everything runs great!