Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Performance problems since using Reason 6 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=147586)

ksteuer 2011-10-06 10:31

Performance problems since using Reason 6

Heya!
I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing these problems so I thought I rather ask you other users before contacting any technical support.
For years I've been using Reason and Record in all available versions and lived happily with them.
Now, since I use the brandnew version of Reason I suddenly witness unexpected performance problems.
First, I realized that the scrolling activities (esp. when working in the note editor or automation lanes) are extremely slow.
But also I get to know this "Your computer is too slow..." message which I never had before!
This also appears sometimes on projects I've created with former versions of the program.
Think I should add that my PC isn't definitely too slow - it's rather some sort of power machine... ;)
So my question:
Are you experiencing such problems as well?
Should I only wait for some kind of maintenance update?
Should we bother Propellerhead's technical support?? ;)
Please let me know.

Neilq 2011-10-06 10:39

I'd be having the same problem too.

Inthusiast 2011-10-06 22:01

I am definitely experiencing the same problems and dont know what to do....i have been working on songs that arent even as complex as some of my record 1.5 projects....i have had to export my tracks just to listen to them all the way through!!!

what should we do?

ollymaw 2011-10-06 22:40

I have just reverted back to v5 as performance was too bad for me.

A real shame as v6 looks awesome, but I had audio stuttering and glitches, and that was through a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 on an Intel Duo Core Macbook.

I use Reason extensively on stage with the band I play with at some pretty large shows and could not risk running v6, it's just too unstable at the moment.

So I will wait until some updates come available and try again.

PLEASE fix this Prop team or give us some sort of explanation at least.

pushedbutton 2011-10-06 22:44

I seem to have a bar on the DSP monitor as soon as I add a default thor and hit a key. I'm sure this wasn't the case in Record.

Inthusiast 2011-10-06 22:58

i also have a performance this sunday at a burning decompression event I dont know if I can use V.6

I'd hope i dont have to uninstall V.6 and reinstall record but if propellerhead can't respond in time its the only option

Checker 2011-10-06 23:30

That is really interesting! First what specs of yours PC's...

Maybe they really slow, like I'm already posted before most of people who has 2 cores CPU has these issues like I'm figured...

DJDoctor 2011-10-07 01:02

Bummer news - I also have a gig tonight - Reason 5 gonna rock the house :)

mind2069 2011-10-07 01:32

Is this happening on 64 bit cause im pretty shure I read somewhere that 64 bit was making reason slower.

So any of you experiencing this on 32 bit.

clarktw 2011-10-07 03:09

Guys - As of the time of this post, the percentages in the Poll add up to 113.33%. It’s no big deal but I checked it with another calculator because I thought my precious Hewlett Packard was on the blink. Maybe the Propellerhead servers blew a gasket or something during the past week.

Inthusiast – I’ve got to show my ignorance and ask out of curiosity: what the heck is a “.. burning decompression event ..”? I’m sort of afraid to Google it.