Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Please integrate ReCycle with Reason (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=147984)

DJserenade 2011-10-11 04:08

Please integrate ReCycle with Reason

so far I am completely content with the purchase, download, and functioning experience with the R6 upgrade, I've been reading everyone's horror stories about paypal and the slow download time and glitches which I have not experienced any of yet. that being said, my only complaint about Props software all along (besides the lack of VST support) is why since the inception of audio recording in Reason haven't they integrated ReCycle with Reason yet? I also had a problem with the price tag on ReCycle but since Props was so gracious with the R6 upgrade (and I do love their software) I'm going to continue supporting this company and purchase ReCycle along with the Balance device. but if anyone at Props is reading this please for the sake of a smooth workflow integrate Recycle with reason. I can understand if you want to keep it as a standalone app but for the registered owners of both Reason and ReCycle I'm sure you can have them both work seamlessly. I''m also sure people who like sample based music would love to have sliced samples on the fly right inside Kong... the live applications of this would boost interest in both props software apps.

Baggstrom 2011-10-11 13:27

+1...I'm totally with you here. I use REX-files a lot, and if I could build my own rex-files right in Reason I would be so happy. I am not a user of Recycle and I am not going to buy it because if this work flow problem.

If it is included in Reason 7 I would praise you guys at Propellerheads so much! =)

Respect!
//Mike

Dogboy1973 2011-10-11 14:39

Please do SOMETHING with ReCycle. Update, integrate it. I don't care. Just do something with it, by the Christ!!

pushedbutton 2011-10-11 19:20

Did you not get the memo? they're on it.
Recycle will always be standalone. 2.2 is out soon and will be a free update to all recycle owners. If you just own reason this will not effect you.

XSTmusic 2011-10-11 23:08

I'd buy it if it was PAY WHAT YOU WANT again lol

250$, not right now for me. But I need it eventually

Siyaramusicsolutions 2011-10-12 00:54

Need your giudance. My sample pauses and echos at every slice while in Dr Rex. Ive tried everything . I kow im missing somthing. Also some of the functions like tempo or gate sense dont have any effect or does nothing at all..

bigtweeze 2011-10-12 19:59

What I would like to see with the Recycle upgrade would be the ability to sample right into Recycle... That would make my life a LOT easier!!

DJserenade 2011-10-12 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushedbutton (Post 942425)
Did you not get the memo? they're on it.
Recycle will always be standalone. 2.2 is out soon and will be a free update to all recycle owners. If you just own reason this will not effect you.

Right, I'm aware of the update, but no mention of the integration of ReCycle's features into Reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtweeze (Post 943207)
What I would like to see with the Recycle upgrade would be the ability to sample right into Recycle... That would make my life a LOT easier!!

I agree. The same way they have the live sampling in Reason. the live sampling will probably be a feature in 2.2 but my gut tells me that they're not trying to have ReCycle function inside of Reason. it beats me why they wouldn't.

pushedbutton 2011-10-13 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJserenade (Post 943299)
the live sampling will probably be a feature in 2.2 but my gut tells me that they're not trying to have ReCycle function inside of Reason. it beats me why they wouldn't.

It probably wont. 2.2 is to keep Recycle functioning on all modern OS's and to make it look a little more like it was made in the 21st century. That's about it. This is awesome in itself but don't hold your breath for anything truly mind blowing this time round. Props have a lot of brainstorming sessions and do pay attention to the forums, I know, they told me.
My guts are telling me your guts are wrong. If you look at it from the perspective of a non-reason user it's still an incredibly powerful tool. It would put a quite few peoples noses out of joint if you told them they had to buy reason to get the most up to date version of recycle. That's not to say that some of recycles functions wont spill over to reason but I think as far as making your own rex files goes, you'll always have to buy recycle separately.