Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   License number for upgrade (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=148035)

FrederikDefyn 2011-10-11 21:06

License number for upgrade

I just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Only thing inside the dvd box is the registration code and upgrade ID. Couldn't find my answer on the board or in the FAQ. (edit: nor does the manual speak on this matter)
Where should I look?

jgeysen 2011-10-11 21:29

had the same problem, first register your reason 6 on the website, then restart :-) should be fine

FrederikDefyn 2011-10-11 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgeysen (Post 942527)
had the same problem, first register your reason 6 on the website, then restart :-) should be fine

I cannot register on the website because I'm missing information. So I'm not sure what you're saying.

n0ahg 2011-10-11 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikDefyn (Post 942530)
I cannot register on the website because I'm missing information. So I'm not sure what you're saying.

When you follow the instructions to register on the website make sure you select "Reason 6 upgrade" and not "Reason 6"

FrederikDefyn 2011-10-11 22:16

Did not see that one, but makes allot of sense :) I just clicked 'launch browser' though. So feedback at Prop team: send me to the right page please.
I tried it manually and it works!

DJxpress 2011-11-04 18:44

i have the same problem...no lincense key in there...when i go to the upgrade id and i type the numbers in the field...they say me something goes wrong pls registrated your education serial number first before you cann upgrade it...but Reason 5 it is just Registrated...strange....maybe you have some idea? thx u

FrederikDefyn 2011-11-04 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJxpress (Post 957011)
i have the same problem...no lincense key in there...when i go to the upgrade id and i type the numbers in the field...they say me something goes wrong pls registrated your education serial number first before you cann upgrade it...but Reason 5 it is just Registrated...strange....maybe you have some idea? thx u

As I said in my last reply: don't go trough the link Reason gives you at startup, but go trough the website on your own.

Foluke32 2012-10-14 20:52

just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Only thing inside the dvd box is the registration code and upgrade ID. Couldn't find my answer on the board or in the FAQ. (edit: nor does the manual speak on this matter)
Where should I look?

BonezMcCoy 2012-10-14 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foluke32 (Post 1155651)
just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Where should I look?

You must register your previous version first or it won't work.

platzangst 2012-10-15 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikDefyn (Post 942511)
I just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Where should I look?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foluke32 (Post 1155651)

Where should I look?

Curious similarity there.