Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   reason 6 rewire problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=148101)

Ghost777 2011-10-12 19:48

reason 6 rewire problem

i had reason 5 with record 5 all was well,now upgraded to reason 6 rewire not working on my pro tools what gives? no problems before.

BonezMcCoy 2011-10-12 19:51

Run Reason 6 in 32bit mode and you'll be fine.

ottestad 2011-10-12 20:22

how do u switch to 32bit mode?
thanks
K

BonezMcCoy 2011-10-12 20:28

On a Mac, right click on Reason application icon>get info>run in 32bit mode.

On Windows, reinstall choosing the 32bit install. I believe the ReadMe file explains that.

Quote from the Read Me file:

Under Windows, you need to install a separate 32-bit version of Reason:
1. Open the Reason DVD (or the Reason download package, if you have downloaded the program from the web) in the Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click the "Install Reason.exe" file and select "Create Shortcut".
If the file is on the DVD, you will be asked if you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop - click Yes.
3. Locate the shortcut you just created, right-click it and select "Properties".
4. On the "Shortcut" page of the Properties dialog, locate the Target field and add " /32" (without the quotes) at the very end. The Target field should say
"D:\Install Reason.exe" /32
(although the drive letter may not be "D", depending on your setup).
5. Click OK.
6. Double click the shortcut file to install a 32-bit version of Reason.
The installed Reason version will have the name "Reason (32)" on the Start menu and desktop. You can have the regular 64-bit version installed at the same time if you like.

ottestad 2011-10-12 21:11

Article

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Mac OS X system?
Yes, you can!

On Mac OS X, the Reason application itself includes both 32-bit and 64-bit resources. This means the program will run in 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your operating system - you don't actually need to do anything when installing the software.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). In this case, you can force the program to run in 32-bit mode in the following way:

Select the Reason application.
Select "Get Info" from the File menu in Mac OS X.
In the Info dialog, tick the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox.
When you now launch Reason it will run in 32 bit mode.

schefmusic 2011-10-18 03:04

thank you so much, i was tripping on this too. and why is PT not in 64 bit mode yet? :-)

lintintoes 2011-10-18 08:48

Thanks man! I spent the last two hours online and on both programs trying to figure this out...this is why the internet is good.

M1chael0rr 2011-10-18 10:14

Hi Bones,

This is what I did....would welcome your help?

Rewired Reason 6 ok on the mac into a 32bit application fine, everything cool.

But, on the win7 64bit system, it seems a different matter.

These are the steps taken per Prop FAQ's:
Create a shortcut of the "Install Reason.exe" file.
Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties".
In the "Target" field, add " /32" (without quotes, keep the leading space) at the very end.
Click OK.
Double click the shortcut to run the Reason installer in 32-bit mode.

The target statement per the shortcut icon now reads: F:\Reason\Reason.exe /32

Yet it still refused to work in 32bit mode...

BonezMcCoy 2011-10-18 10:29

Not a Windows user but let's try to figure that out. Is F the correct letter? Also shouldn't you keep those other quotations?

"F:\Reason\Reason.exe" /32

And shouldn't it be:

"D:\Install Reason.exe" /32, where instead of D you should have the right drive letter?

Also, are you right clicking on the INSTALL icon (good!) or on the APPLICATION icon (bad!)?

Eldaco 2011-12-30 11:46

Thanks, this was helpful indeed! :)