Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A New Computer For Reason 6 - But What About Ignition Key? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=148360)

jereb 2011-10-16 04:35

A New Computer For Reason 6 - But What About Ignition Key?

I just bought a brand mew computer (64 bit) to house my new reason 6 upgrade.

I won't be removing Record/Reason from the laptop its occupied for the past year and a half - BUT - just thinking - Once I install Reason 6 on the new dude - and after registration - how will I run it - since the ignition key will remain with the old unit?

Both systems have never been online and I plan on keeping them as such - I use another laptop to upgrade and register my programs.

Someone may have covered this - so I apologize in advance.

Thanks!

n0ahg 2011-10-16 04:46

Simply move the ignition key between the two none internet connected computers, after all ypu are only licensed to run on one at a time.

jereb 2011-10-24 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jereb (Post 945201)
I just bought a brand mew computer (64 bit) to house my new reason 6 upgrade.

I won't be removing Record/Reason from the laptop its occupied for the past year and a half - BUT - just thinking - Once I install Reason 6 on the new dude - and after registration - how will I run it - since the ignition key will remain with the old unit?

Both systems have never been online and I plan on keeping them as such - I use another laptop to upgrade and register my programs.

Someone may have covered this - so I apologize in advance.

Thanks!

Thanks - But will the programs work on the same key or will Prop Heads send me a new key gen to be burned on my original ignition key?

n0ahg 2011-10-24 02:17

One licence is one ignition key, were you planning to run them at the same time?

Some users have managed to put both Reason 5 and Reason 6 on the same ignition key but I'm not sure if this is a glitch as it doesn't work for me.

jchilcott 2011-10-24 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jereb (Post 949734)
Thanks - But will the programs work on the same key or will Prop Heads send me a new key gen to be burned on my original ignition key?

You can move the key from the computer to computer with no issue. I have been going between my desktop and my laptop all the time, since getting Reason 6. Sometimes, on my lunch hours, I also fire up Reason on my work computer and noodle away.

jord

jereb 2011-10-25 06:47

Thanks, I Appreciate that

DustyVan 2013-08-20 03:03

propellerhead reason 6 will not install on my new computer with windows 8. Is it because I previously had it installed on 2 computers? It also made me download codemaster. After the reason 6 install, it pops up and says "this application can not open because of an unexpected error" can anyone help me with this?

EnochLight 2013-08-20 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyVan (Post 1377799)
propellerhead reason 6 will not install on my new computer with windows 8. Is it because I previously had it installed on 2 computers? It also made me download codemaster. After the reason 6 install, it pops up and says "this application can not open because of an unexpected error" can anyone help me with this?

Sure - update to Reason 7. :)

Reason 6 is not officially supported on Windows 8, however; Reason 7 is. BTW, this thread is almost 2 years old... probably should have just started your own.

Anyway - you can install Reason 6 on as many computers as you like. You can only run one instance at a time, though.

djjams 2013-08-20 05:11

Reason 6.5.3 works on Windows 8 as well.