Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Add "copy loop to track" feature to the NN-XT (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=148793)

NoelGMusic 2011-10-22 05:09

Add "copy loop to track" feature to the NN-XT

Perhaps I missed it, but when a rex file is imported to the NN-XT there is no way to "copy loop to track" the same way it is possible with the Dr. OctoRex.

The current work around is to open the rex file in the Dr. OctoRex, select "copy loop to track" from the Dr. OctoRex, and then move the copied midi notes or entire note lane to the NN-XT track lane which has the same rex file loaded.

The "copy loop to track" from the NN-XT would be a great addition to the next version of Reason.

Thank you.

Benedict 2011-10-22 05:37

This is not really necessary because the Copy to Track thing is based on the Rex thing. When a Rex is opened in NN-XT it is a Sample and not a Rex any more. I think you have found the solution already.

Unless I miss something - which is entirely possible as I have only opened Rex about 4 times since V1.

:)

NoelGMusic 2011-10-22 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict (Post 948841)
This is not really necessary because the Copy to Track thing is based on the Rex thing. When a Rex is opened in NN-XT it is a Sample and not a Rex any more. I think you have found the solution already.

Unless I miss something - which is entirely possible as I have only opened Rex about 4 times since V1.

Yes, the NN-XT gives you much more control over the samples imported from a rex file. Although the Dr. OctoRex is a major improvement over the Dr. Rex it still doesn't peform many of the powerful sample editing features native to the NN-XT.

Benedict 2011-10-22 07:26

Exactly, each instrument is entirely different and so set up for the task at hand.

I know it is tempting to want one tool that does everything but it just doesn't work out. Imagine if you had an electric hand drill that would also wash dishes. Cool! Great on the brochure but the 'extra' features would make it a pain to use for drilling holes as well as washing dishes. No longer cool.

Props are generally very good at finding the path of greatest openness and usability. The modularity of Reason is a great (invisible) feature in this respect.

NoelGMusic 2011-10-22 17:32

Thanks for sharing your point of view on this feature suggestion. I think we are in agreement that being able to "copy loop to track" directly from the NN-XT allows users to benefit from the NN-XT's powerful sample editing features. If the user doesn't need those editing features they can choose to "copy loop to track" directly from the Dr. OctoRex instead. This is not changing each modules native capabilities or intended purpose.

Auditory 2011-10-24 02:35

I agree. Honestly it would be nice if they would just combine the nnxt and octo-rex into 1 device. I don't know if I just don't know how to use the octo-rex properly or what but it seems very limited. One thing I hate most is how I HAVE to edit each slice one at a time. Like If I want to reverse the whole drum loop I have to go slice by slice reversing each slice, unlike the nnxt where I can simply reverse all "slice's" at once. I don't understand that

NoelGMusic 2011-10-24 04:53

@Auditory, I think you are on to something in suggesting that PH should combine the features of the Dr. OctoRex (a Recycle file - .rex player) and the NN-XT (a classic audio sampler and player) into one device. That would be a sweet audio handling machine.

Auditory 2011-10-26 09:27

Yeah and make the nnxt knobs in the remote editor automatable (if thats a word) while there at it!

Anomecron 2011-10-26 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by noelglez (Post 948831)
Perhaps I missed it, but when a rex file is imported to the NN-XT there is no way to "copy loop to track" the same way it is possible with the Dr. OctoRex.

The current work around is to open the rex file in the Dr. OctoRex, select "copy loop to track" from the Dr. OctoRex, and then move the copied midi notes or entire note lane to the NN-XT track lane which has the same rex file loaded.

The "copy loop to track" from the NN-XT would be a great addition to the next version of Reason.

Thank you.

The only work around for now is to create an Octorex, load the loop, copy to track and then copy & paste the midi data to the NNXT note lane and delete the Octorex device altogether.

Does what you want and doesn't take to long (thankfully).

moneykube 2012-09-30 22:02

a feature suggest perhaps.... oh oh oh.... it is in the proper thread.... ooops