Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   M-Audio's Project Mix i/o to run Reason's 6 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=148841)

Dremond 2011-10-23 00:31

M-Audio's Project Mix i/o to run Reason's 6

Do anybody know a way to use M-Audio's Project Mix i/o to run Reason's 6 SSL Mixing board? Not just one fader at a time - I want to mix a project but I can only move the one fader that is selected by using the edit window. I've tried selecting them all but still can move only one.

I'm running Windows XP / M-Audio Project Mix I/O / Reason Six / with plenty of computing power (AMD Phenom II X4 940 with: 4GB of Ram)

Dremond 2011-10-23 01:55

Never Mind -- I found out: So for anyone else who needs this:

First, in order to use your project mix with reason; select Live Mode (Press and hold the Aux 5 Button while switching on the Project Mix.) Now In Reason or Reason Record go to: Option/ Surface Locking / in the first drop down menu pick your Surface (i.e: M-Audio Project Mix I/O) / in the "Lock to Device" section pick: "Master Section" this will lock your Project Mix I/O To Reason.

phunkfarm 2012-06-21 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dremond (Post 949274)
Never Mind -- I found out: So for anyone else who needs this:

First, in order to use your project mix with reason; select Live Mode (Press and hold the Aux 5 Button while switching on the Project Mix.) Now In Reason or Reason Record go to: Option/ Surface Locking / in the first drop down menu pick your Surface (i.e: M-Audio Project Mix I/O) / in the "Lock to Device" section pick: "Master Section" this will lock your Project Mix I/O To Reason.

OK I have R6 and a PMIO, I did what you said and now have the PMIO talking to R6.

My sliders jump when I switch tracks but my knobs don't control pan.

Is there a tracking and mixing mode for the PMIO?

how do I have one fader per track so I can mix 8 simultaneous tracks as I run through the sequence? Lets work together to create an end all be all template map for R6....

The smart way would be to have a tracking map and a mixing map.

The Mixing map would have redrum parts separated out on the Mixer for drum mixing, then flip the page to mix the music P1, P2 etc...

I could share a sweet R6 template so we can all be on the same page. This template has Redrum separated out on the mixer with instrument tracks next and vocal tracks next. I always start with this so when I start a new song. The kick (for example) is always routed the same way and I can use existing EQ and effect settings ad just tweak for the new sound as opposed to reinventing the wheel.

We can do the same for PMIO.

Anyione else have R6 and PMIO to help out?

dysamoria 2012-11-20 15:04

i have R6.5 and a ProjectMix, but i'm not sure what to do to change the settings. i found this thread by searching Google for "Propellerhead" and "ProjectMix" because i want the Zoom buttons on the PM to work as Zoom in Reason. Anyone found any more details on getting this thing working natively?