Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Essentials mixer as an option in Reason? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=149055)

eXode 2011-10-26 15:45

Essentials mixer as an option in Reason?

I don't know about you but I like to be able to work on the go sometimes and when I do I find the SSL mixer in Reason 6 to be too big and cluttered. That is why I'd like to see the smaller mixer from Reason Essentials as an option next to the full SSL mixer in Reason. Even if I choose to hide parts in the full SSL mixer to resemble the mixer in Essentials, it still takes up too much screen estate.

In short: Would you like to see the smaller mixer from Reason Essentials available in Reason as an option next to the big SSL mixer?

eXode 2011-10-26 15:49

If you don't know what the mixer in Reason Essentials look like:

Closeup screenshot of the Reason Essentials mixing console

emotica 2011-10-26 17:49

It's like Reason's mixer with a limited EQ section. I voted "No", because you already can simplify the mixer as much as you want by hiding sections.

Ligumo 2011-10-26 17:53

Choice = decision.

I prefer just using what I've got instead of figuring out which one is the right one for what I'm starting.

joeyluck 2011-10-26 23:02

How can you hide parts?

joeyluck 2011-10-26 23:08

Nevermind, figured it out—small buttons on the botom right of the screen. That's handy!

Although, what I think would be a good idea would be to not have so much per section (i.e. inserts have 4 and fx have 8 to start). Why do these sections need to be so big? Perhaps maybe make the mixer modular? Whereas, you start with a trimmed down SSL mixer and you are given the option to insert/make different sections larger. For example, if I just use 4 fx, it's still a waste of real estate when I expand the fx section to see half of it not used. It could act like the channel strips do—channels only show up when you create new channels)...

joeyluck 2011-10-26 23:15

Oh, and double clicking the section name anywhere on the row in the mixer works as well! (This one could be made more obvious—perhaps like the arrows you find in the rack equipment—one click expand/hide).

eXode 2011-10-27 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyluck (Post 951527)
Although, what I think would be a good idea would be to not have so much per section (i.e. inserts have 4 and fx have 8 to start). Why do these sections need to be so big? Perhaps maybe make the mixer modular? Whereas, you start with a trimmed down SSL mixer and you are given the option to insert/make different sections larger. For example, if I just use 4 fx, it's still a waste of real estate when I expand the fx section to see half of it not used. It could act like the channel strips do—channels only show up when you create new channels)...

This is not a bad idea. Another thing I've thought about a lot is some sort of saving of mixer views. For example that I can have up to 5 buttons that have different mixer views remembered with different sections folded/unfolded according to your choice.

eXode 2011-10-27 08:24

It's quite interesting with these polls because I didn't think people would be against this option so much (well to be fair not that many have voted yet). Compare to the plugin polls where I thought that more people would vote no more than they did and also the MIDI Out poll where the direction is quite clear. :)