Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   117 track teen pop song made in reason (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=150403)

EvanBerard 2011-11-19 02:54

117 track teen-pop song made in reason

Loading SoundCloud…

We're three 16 year old's and this is what we just finished! I wrote and produced it, and I used reason for everything except mastering which I did in reaper... I'm in love with reason 6!! Let us know what you think! ...And yes I used 117 tracks on the mixer for this

(sound cloud's audio quality is not the greatest, but there's a higher quality mp3 downloadable)

boogieblack 2011-11-19 05:37

Absolutely 100% phenomenal!!!!. Great production all around. I couldn't find a flaw even if I personally had an axe to grind with you.. FUCKING awesome.. XD

How long did this take you to produce/mix/master?

Also some insight into how you achieved such a professional sound on the VOX would be appreciated as well.

SteveDiverse 2011-11-19 06:29

3 comments.

(1) don't worry about your music future, you're good to go.

(2) submit this as a demo song so we can see the 117 tracks.

(3) submit this as a demo song...

16 years old? really?

vaXzine 2011-11-19 07:33

Damn.. go ahead and tell ur Mom and Dad they can quit their jobs.. great ears. And that 1st track on ur SC -> "Shut Down Everything" ..shits flawless too.

WeeJoe 2011-11-19 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanBerard (Post 963760)
Loading SoundCloud…

We're three 16 year old's and this is what we just finished! I wrote and produced it, and I used reason for everything except mastering which I did in reaper... I'm in love with reason 6!! Let us know what you think! ...And yes I used 117 tracks on the mixer for this

(sound cloud's audio quality is not the greatest, but there's a higher quality mp3 downloadable)

Brilliant. Now that is what I call a Pop Song.
Wee Joe.

wabonnett 2011-11-19 15:48

Wow....simply WOW! Great job!

EvanBerard 2011-11-19 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieblack (Post 963781)
Absolutely 100% phenomenal!!!!. Great production all around. I couldn't find a flaw even if I personally had an axe to grind with you.. FUCKING awesome.. XD

How long did this take you to produce/mix/master?

Also some insight into how you achieved such a professional sound on the VOX would be appreciated as well.

Thanks everyone! The original beat came in half an hour... I spent 4 days building on it, and some time adding minor things until we had lyrics... after recording vocals, it took like 4 days to mix the final thing... I'd upload the file but it's 2.25 GB (it's big because I used audio for almost everything except for most of the synths, I literally just took the drum samples and lined them up on the grid instead of playing them in a sampler)[maybe later?]. Also, my computer can barely run it at a buffer size of 4096 :P

I'd say almost half of the tracks are drums... 9 kick drums layered on top of eachother, lots of snares layered to make one massive snare sound. Lots of top percussion (those laser noise sweeps, high hats, tambourines, shakers, etc) to give the mix a LOT of energy, especially in the chorus.

For the vocals, EQ is everything! I used extreme EQ on the SSL to really cut out the 400-600 Hz area, small boost in the lows to make up for the cut in the low mids. I also cut the 2.5 K area which was really too piercing and boosted around 8K and up for some shine.

Also, lots of compression on the SSL, de-essing, and doubling. We used 30 tracks of vocals in this. There's 3 singing the same thing in the chorus to widen it up and make it sound bigger. A lot of the chorus is harmonized to fill up some space.

Lusky 2011-11-20 13:26

You should upload this to BBC Introducing. I'm sure it will get national airtime here in Britain. Good luck.

williamerasmus 2011-11-20 13:39

Great work, Evan :)

LAIDBACK 2011-11-20 14:24

sounds a bit like katy perry california girls !!
If you re 16 year old then i applaud, even its not my kind of music its very well made, there is room for imporvement in the mix side (just for vocals there are a bit too low), but idea wise and arrangement wise its perfect, you could bring that to a label and get signed for this kind of songs with no probelm, its what works nowadays, pop mixed with electro.
well done !!!