Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Need advice buying a second hand reason 6 license (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=150609)

dotLucifer 2011-11-23 11:47

Need advice buying a second hand reason 6 license

Hello,

I'm planning on buying a second hand Reason 6 license, but the seller says he has got no authorization card, because it was an upgrade from Reason 4. Is this true? You don't get a card when you upgrade?
His Reason 6 license is registered, and he is willing to transfer the license to me.
He will also give me the ignition key.
But I'm worried; Will he be able to get the license back if he shows an authorization card to propellerhead? For instance, if he shows his original Reason 4 authorization card?
For all I know, he might be lying, and as soon as I've paid, he might try to get the license back, by emailing propellerhead, and showing them the authorization card.
This is what I would like to avoid.
How can I make sure the license will be mine forever?

Thank you,

David

FrankieFiveFingers 2011-11-23 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotLucifer (Post 965382)
Hello,

I'm planning on buying a second hand Reason 6 license, but the seller says he has got no authorization card, because it was an upgrade from Reason 4. Is this true? You don't get a card when you upgrade?
His Reason 6 license is registered, and he is willing to transfer the license to me.
He will also give me the ignition key.
But I'm worried; Will he be able to get the license back if he shows an authorization card to propellerhead? For instance, if he shows his original Reason 4 authorization card?
For all I know, he might be lying, and as soon as I've paid, he might try to get the license back, by emailing propellerhead, and showing them the authorization card.
This is what I would like to avoid.
How can I make sure the license will be mine forever?

Thank you,

David

I doubt he is lying, although a boxed version of reason 4 does come with an auth card, I do believe if he does transfer the licence it is then registered to mr Lucifer account.

Wait for an official response though , just for the reassurance.

dotLucifer 2011-11-23 12:12

Thanks for your reply.
This is what I've read on the propellerhead site:
You can request license number transfer yourself. Once you receive the software and the authorization card for it, you can send an email to the webmaster with a license number transfer request. We then need the license number(s) that should be transferred and a scan or copy of the authorization card for each license number (we don't need authorization cards for upgrade numbers that are to be transferred) and of course the user account to transfer them to (you need to sign up for a user account on our website before the transfer can take place).

You see, this is what I want to avoid. He might try to get the license back, after I've paid. It seems to me, without the authorization card, I have no proof the software is mine. Even if the seller transfers the license to me, a simple email to propellerhead with a scan of his 'lost' authorization card, might give him the license back..
How can overcome this?

Thanks,

David

ohmygoff 2011-11-23 13:45

As the Reason 6 upgrade is linked to that old Reason 4 license, the seller would have to sell his complete Reason license to you and should send you the complete Reason 4 package, including the original authorization card.

See here: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...atyoushouldget

The card is what you actually pay for when buying a used license: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...horizationcard

So in case he then tried to get it back, you would have the original card to present to prove you bought it.

What he can't do is sell the upgrade to you but keep his Reaon 4 - they're bundled to one license.

dotLucifer 2011-11-23 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmygoff (Post 965399)
As the Reason 6 upgrade is linked to that old Reason 4 license, the seller would have to sell his complete Reason license to you and should send you the complete Reason 4 package, including the original authorization card.

See here: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...atyoushouldget

The card is what you actually pay for when buying a used license: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...horizationcard

So in case he then tried to get it back, you would have the original card to present to prove you bought it.

What he can't do is sell the upgrade to you but keep his Reaon 4 - they're bundled to one license.

Thanks for your help!
The seller has told me he will transfer all his licenses, including his original reason 4 license.
I will tell him I need his original authorization card.

Greetings from Belgium,

David

kidmidnight 2011-11-23 16:15

Dont do it. I'm on week 3 waiting for a real human from the Propellerheads to contact me about transferring a license. I have the card and everything. Horrible customer service.

FrankieFiveFingers 2011-11-23 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidmidnight (Post 965433)
Dont do it. I'm on week 3 waiting for a real human from the Propellerheads to contact me about transferring a license. I have the card and everything. Horrible customer service.

Hey dude, I went through a licence transfer and it happened asap, quite quickly, they actually have decent customer support usually, friendly too.

Your dilemma must suck, But is quite strange. My licence transfer went through almost immediately after the sale. Are you sure the person transferring the licence too you has requested a licence transfer?

ohmygoff 2011-11-23 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidmidnight (Post 965433)
Horrible customer service.

As it has been said on various occasions on the forums, they're still catching up with the tickets coming from the release of R6. Though it doesn't help you personally atm, under normal circumstances they're pretty quick and pretty helpful.

kidmidnight 2011-11-23 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieFiveFingers (Post 965435)
Hey dude, I went through a licence transfer and it happened asap, quite quickly, they actually have decent customer support usually, friendly too.

Your dilemma must suck, But is quite strange. My licence transfer went through almost immediately after the sale. Are you sure the person transferring the licence too you has requested a licence transfer?

No they havent. I got it though a 3rd party seller on ebay. I got the software, the box, and the license card. I sent them a copy of the card and a pic of me holding it up with the box. So far.... nothing.

At this point I think I'm just going to pirate the thing. I wanted to buy reason 6 but this is taking forever.

dotLucifer 2011-11-23 19:10

Quote:

At this point I think I'm just going to pirate the thing. I wanted to buy reason 6 but this is taking forever.
Good luck with that; cracking Reason 6 is close to impossible. (due to the new ignition key protection)
Record was never cracked either.

D.