Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How do I use axiom 49 with reason 6? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=151087)

eroxx 2011-12-03 04:32

How do I use axiom 49 with reason 6?

I have an axiom 49 ... Reason does auto-detect it. When I play notes, it plays the instruments, but moving around the knobs and sliders are not doing anything ... ?? What do I do?

eroxx 2011-12-03 04:42

Ok I figured it out ... but what I CAN'T figure out is how to change patches with it???

DJDoctor 2011-12-03 05:08

Theres actually a really crucial video on YouTube if your sliders and knobs dont work with your Axiom 49 - its hilarious even.

Its Zones. And it can F itself up once in a while. Sounds like ya sorted it out though.
Umm, lol ~ it was Zones, right?? Haha, jus checkin. I have an Axiom 49 and a Axiom 25 that I use live in my band hooked up to Reason. Its actually our guitar players laptop we use that has Reason in it, but its my keys we use and my preset rack with over 45 devices in it we use.

Point being, ive done extensive programming and setting up Axioms and Reason - if Im worth two fuggin cents, I should be able to at least partially answer any questions you might ever have for your Axiom. Theyre great keyboards.

TO CHANGE PATCHES - youve probably already sorted out that ya gotta use Preset 10 on the Axiom right? When a device/instrument is selected, you see your buttons right below your sliders? Try the C and D buttons - im quite confident one of those is the "preset up/down" for the currently selected instrument. Cheers :)

Oh....no I dont have have an icon. Cuz I dont personally own Reason - yet.

eroxx 2011-12-03 05:54

wow thanks so much ... it wasn't zones it was "recall" and then press "1 0." I'd love the link to that youtube, or to other tutoails about the axiom 49 ... I know there's a lot of things I can do with it but I really have no idea! Thanks

pakoskii 2011-12-03 16:41

hei i think you have the same problem as i

visit my thread in this forum

jfilbert 2011-12-06 06:24

Opposite problem

My Axiom Pro 61 was auto-detected and set as master kbd. It automatically maps controllers to instruments perfectly but R6 sees no notes or mod wheel/pitchbend data. I'm quite stumped.

DJDoctor 2011-12-06 08:11

Best off-the-top of my head and first suggestion would be to retrace setting up your keyboard. You know the step that has you tell it what in's and out's its using? Try that step again.

But wait. How do you know its auto mapping if you cant hit a key and get any sound? When you assign a slider and move it or twist a knob while a device is selected, is it moving onscreen? Cuz then yeah, R6 is at least getting that data from your keyboard. So it is in fact communicating. Double check the in's and out's settings is my suggestion but its just an attempt to help. Odds of it being that surface are low. Hope ya sort it. Should be a pretty slam-dunk endeavor - ive got an Axiom 25 and an Axiom 49 and have had to sort things before myself.

jfilbert 2011-12-07 18:21

I've checked everything many times. The hypercontrol works better that you could hope for- just no midi notes! ( or mod wheel or pithcbend). Every other software sees notes. Pro Tools, Ableton, NI Instruments...

jfilbert 2011-12-08 00:17

*FIXED* This makes no sense to me but FWIW I'll post it anyway:
I dug out my old MIDISportUno interface and installed the drivers, thinking that I could use the midi out of my Axiom instead of usb. Well it is unplugged and I'm not using it but somehow that fixed the impasse.

kevmor 2012-11-17 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJDoctor (Post 968768)
Theres actually a really crucial video on YouTube if your sliders and knobs dont work with your Axiom 49 - its hilarious even.

Its Zones. And it can F itself up once in a while. Sounds like ya sorted it out though.
Umm, lol ~ it was Zones, right?? Haha, jus checkin. I have an Axiom 49 and a Axiom 25 that I use live in my band hooked up to Reason. Its actually our guitar players laptop we use that has Reason in it, but its my keys we use and my preset rack with over 45 devices in it we use.

Point being, ive done extensive programming and setting up Axioms and Reason - if Im worth two fuggin cents, I should be able to at least partially answer any questions you might ever have for your Axiom. Theyre great keyboards.

TO CHANGE PATCHES - youve probably already sorted out that ya gotta use Preset 10 on the Axiom right? When a device/instrument is selected, you see your buttons right below your sliders? Try the C and D buttons - im quite confident one of those is the "preset up/down" for the currently selected instrument. Cheers :)

Oh....no I dont have have an icon. Cuz I dont personally own Reason - yet.

I can't get my Axiom 49 to work with Reason 6.5
Reason picks up the sliders as the play/pause buttons, and doesn't pick up the knobs as anything...