Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Unsupported Format!! HELP me Props please!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=152176)

bruunm 2011-12-28 08:59

Unsupported Format!! HELP me Props please!!

Hi All,

for some reason(no pun intended) my R6 version started acting up today. The only thing i changed was new drivers for my Logitech keyboard Mouse combo.

I then reinstalled R6 from the disc provided and when i started it then first time the factory and orkester content was installed.

however then i got this error window.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNSUPPORTED FORMAT

the operation could not be completed because the format is not supported

"OK"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i click ok nothing happens...

I am running on an old 20" iMac with a C2D 2.16 and 2gb ram, OSX 10.5.8

this has been working without any problems since upgrading to R6 over two months ago.

Any help is appreciated...

Cheers
/M.

P.S. i did delete the reason folder in applications before i reinstalled the lot and I also downloaded the latest version 6.0.2 with no luck!

bruunm 2011-12-28 11:55

nobody here having that problem? or am i the wrong part of the forum?

3rdFloorSound 2011-12-28 14:45

You're likely to get an answer here, but it'll take a little longer than usual since it's the holidays, plus a bulk of us are in the US/UK so the time difference will be apparent.

bruunm 2011-12-28 19:53

Thanks 3rd!!

I have emailed props support and heard back from John.

He told me to delete the Propellerhead folder in application support, sadly this did not help.

I thought i post this possible fix here, so that other users can do a search and hopefully get help through the forum.

Cheers
/M.

bruunm 2011-12-28 23:27

Fixed it!

I had to right click on the reason icon and then select "Get Info". In there i then selected "open in 32bit mode"

now it is working again.

Cheers

3rdFloorSound 2011-12-28 23:29

Great! Love when it's something little like that :D

severeal 2013-02-14 04:11

Hi, not sure if anyone's still having problems with this, but I was having incredible difficulty and couldn't open any of my projects. It was driving me nuts and I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fix it. In the end, I noticed the version of Reason I was running was 6.02 and by simply updating to the current version, I have had no problems at all since then.

Just thought I'd post this, as I wish I'd seen something like this when I was trawling through the forums looking for a fix!

n0ahg 2013-02-14 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by severeal (Post 1237552)
Hi, not sure if anyone's still having problems with this, but I was having incredible difficulty and couldn't open any of my projects. It was driving me nuts and I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fix it. In the end, I noticed the version of Reason I was running was 6.02 and by simply updating to the current version, I have had no problems at all since then.

Just thought I'd post this, as I wish I'd seen something like this when I was trawling through the forums looking for a fix!

This is not related, your issue is because Reason is backwards compatible and not forwards compatible