I really would like to see a better pattern sequencer, especially one that can be edited fully from control surfaces.
First off we have 3 Pattern sequencer which all have their pros and cons but none of them is really perfect on its own:
- steps are not editable via control surfaces
- editing in the smal window is not so easy because everything is really small
- 32 steps max
- note and curves
- copy to track
- pattern banks
-steps are not editable via control surface
-no note/curve values
-64 steps max but no easy way to copy within a pattern especially when extending a pattern from 16 steps to 64
-good old school type of editing (apart from the missing copy functions)
-copy to track
- good old school type of editing
- steps are editable via control surfaces!!!
- notes, vel, curves
- only one pattern
- 16 steps max
- no copy to track function
- huge device with the sequencer hidden in the optional panel
So what i would like to see is basically the thor seqencer with features added from the other two sequencers like Pattern banks, copy to track, 64 steps max (at best as additional rows of steps below the first row of 16 for easy editing), maybe a matrix style window for curve and note editing. AND very important a proper way to copy data within patterns. Like starting with a 16 step beat and when extending to 64 steps the pattern gets automatically duplicated to steps 17-64.
What do you guys think?
One thing I miss is that the Thor pattern sequencer rotaries aren't automatable. And the Matrix window should at least be vertically expandable.
So, +1. An expanded version of a Q119 or Q960 would be cool: http://www.synthesizers.com/sequencers.html
+1 and I would also like to see (with Remote support):
1) ability to save patches + pattern banks for the RPG-8
2) a new device for pattern sequencing Blocks, similar to the Dr.OctoRex, where you can load a bunch of blocks and switch them live with a press of a button (with selectable quantizations). If "record" is enabled, these Block changes are recorded in the sequencer (on the same lane where you now have to "pencil" them in with the mouse)
I am using retouch osc on the ipad for full control of reason 6 (retouch osc is such a nice thing to control reason) but i sigh everyday when i hit the redrum page and cannot insert my steps/beats on the ipad but have to go back to the mouse.
Please Props make this happen ;-)
I've made some routing with 4 Thors some time ago and saved them in a Combinator, and I've called it Infinite Sequencer:
What it does is basically triggering another Thor when one ends like a chain reaction and it can be duplicated to have a longer sequence with different velocities, notes, instruments etc.
Have a look and tell me what you think! :)
+1 on these
agree, need updated sequencers
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:56.|