Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Help with Rewiring Reason 6 with Logic 9 ??? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=152996)

DJCHEAP 2012-01-15 21:20

Help with Rewiring Reason 6 with Logic 9 ???

Hey folks. I just upgraded to Reason 6. Trying to rewire into Logic 9. Is there some place to get step by step instructions on how to do this? I've watched a bunch of tutorial vids and what I see on my screen is different from what I see in the tutorials. For example, the tutorialS say one should open Logic first then Reason, but at that point you won't be able to hear reason. Well I can totally hear it. And in one vid they say that if you click on Reason in the Instrument window pane on the right in Logic, that you'll see the instruments open in the current Reason session (mixer, Thor, NNXT, etc) listed in Logic's instrument pane. Well when I click on Reason in the instrument window pane in Logic, nothing is listed even though I have the Mixer, Thor and Kong active. Also, one vid I watched said if you open Reason after you open Logic, Reason would indicate that it's in "slave mode"....mine doesn't say that.

Is Rewire automatically downloaded w/Reason 6? Or do you even need Rewire to synch Reason 6 w/Logic 9?

I'm using Reason 6 and Logic 9 on a late 2008 Macbook Pro w/4Ghz Intel Core Duo Processor w/4 Gigs of RAM. MAC OS 10.6.8

Can anyone point me in the right direction or list the steps I should follow for using Reason 6 in Logic 9 via Rewire?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jchilcott 2012-01-15 23:10

Check and see that both Logic and Reason are set to launch in 64-bit mode. Then follow the directions.

jord

DJCHEAP 2012-01-16 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchilcott (Post 985645)
Check and see that both Logic and Reason are set to launch in 64-bit mode. Then follow the directions.

jord

Thanks for the post Jord. I unchecked 24 bit recording in the audio preferences in Logic but don't see where to check what bit depth Reason is in. I hoped that would do it and relaunched everything but no dice. I'm really at a loss.

BonezMcCoy 2012-01-16 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCHEAP (Post 985709)
Thanks for the post Jord. I unchecked 24 bit recording in the audio preferences in Logic but don't see where to check what bit depth Reason is in. I hoped that would do it and relaunched everything but no dice. I'm really at a loss.

Nothing to do with 24bit audio... Make sure that you have the latest versions of Logic 9 and Reason 6 and that both are run in 64bit mode (right click on the application icon in finder, not the launch icon in the dock, and see that the "Run in 32bit mode" box is not ticked). Once that's done:

http://www.propellerheads.se/substan...ticle=logic8_0

I know, this is L8, but the procedure is the same.

DJCHEAP 2012-01-16 18:19

Thanks so much guys! With your suggestions...I got this working!

Here's what I did to get Reason 6 to work with Logic 9 on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8:

-Before opening either program, go to each program's icon in the finder....(not on the dock) and right click on them (in my case I clicked w/two fingers on the track pad) to bring up a drop down window.

-In the drop down window for each of the two programs in question click “get info” to open the “Info” window for each.

-In Reason 6’s Info window uncheck “Open in 32-bit mode”

-In Logic Pro 9’s Info window also uncheck “Open in 32-bit mode”

-Open Logic w/one stereo Audio Track (Make sure you open Logic before you open Reason)

-Then open Reason

-Back in Logic, click on Mixer in the bottom left

-Inside the Mixer window click on “Options” then “Create New Auxiliary Channel Strips…”

-Create an Stereo Aux Channel Strip and for the Input, select “RW:Mix L/R”

-Then back in Reason 6, hit the tab button to reveal the inputs/outputs/cables on the back of the Hardware Interface.

-Move the cables coming from the Master Out on the Master Section from 1 & 2 to 3 & 4.

That’s what got me to be able to Slave Reason 6 to Logic 9 via Rewire. Now when I change the tempo in Logic, it changes the tempo in Reason and other actions done in Logic are duplicated in Reason.

Very grateful for the help and the references earlier in this thread!!

NeoFrame 2012-06-18 10:00

Thanks for the info-- I've been scouring the net for an answer to this question and finally got it working!

firestep 2012-07-25 06:27

Reason 6 is 64 bit i think and Rewire supports 64bit but the Host application needs to as well it. I'm not sure if apple has updated Logic to run rewire in 64bit mode if not then you can run logic in 32bit mode and it may work. I'm having the same issue juts found out last night when i tried to rewire reason intologic since upgrading. at work at them minute looking for an answer and this sounds like the one.

cheers

sigsound99 2012-08-21 00:12

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music...logic-9-a.html

I was having trouble too, but this will make it all better ^_^

charlybmusic 2012-10-24 00:14

I have the same problem now with logic 8 and reason 6.5.1 - i just buy reason ... still trying to find out whats wrong...

BonezMcCoy 2012-10-24 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlybmusic (Post 1162567)
I have the same problem now with logic 8 and reason 6.5.1 - i just buy reason ... still trying to find out whats wrong...

Run both programs in 32bit. Instructions in the Reason read me file in the installer.