Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mixing REAL Audio songs in REASON 5!!! Dub demo (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=153607)

RasCricket 2012-01-27 06:06

Mixing REAL Audio songs in REASON 5!!! Dub demo ~ Video!

Hi all. Back again with another video.

Full Song Mixing in Reason 5 & Dub Demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQle...el_video_title

Here's the story: I had a full song to mix and wanted to do a Dub version. Well, Reason allows for the easiest and most accurate mapping of sliders to effects than any DAW I currently have. With other DAWs, the knob movement simply isnt smooth or accurate = Reason is always perfect in this regard.....

So... I wanted to mix my song in Reason where I could apply effects instanly and accurately via the sliders.

You CAN put full audio tracks = drums, bass, vocals, etc INTO Reason 5 and mix it there.

Yes....this file youll see in the video was done about 1 year ago on Reason 5. And yes....Im drastically aware of how much Reason 6 negates much of what this video will show as far as doing a "workaround" to mix full audio in Reason 5, so yes - I already know.

I hope this video stirs some imagination is why Im sharing it. Its a prime example of how Reason can be used in so, so many ways. Hope you like it :)

RasCricket 2012-01-28 01:41

Gonna bump this just once.

Its actually not a bad demo showing a pretty large amount of automation going on. Leave a comment if you like it or even if you think its no big deal and is easily done.

3rdFloorSound 2012-01-28 03:39

Hooray for audio in, wow.

RasCricket 2012-01-28 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 992792)
Hooray for audio in, wow.

Yup - I agree.

No points for this being a novel and/or creative use of Reason 5? :(

williamerasmus 2012-01-28 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 992801)
Yup - I agree.

No points for this being a novel and/or creative use of Reason 5? :(

What a novel and/or creative use of Reason 5! :D

RasCricket 2012-01-28 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamerasmus (Post 992846)
What a novel and/or creative use of Reason 5! :D

WOO HOOO!

Holy crap!! A response!! :P

sam1981 2012-01-28 13:25

Yup i mix songs in reason 4... some times.. because im so use to reason i feel i have more control over it.

I use the nn19 and hit middle c on the keyboard tho..

I use my emu xboard real time control knobs and map them to the reason things i want to automate..

That way i can automate many parts of one plugin in one pass..

RasCricket 2012-01-28 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam1981 (Post 992945)
Yup i mix songs in reason 4... some times.. because im so use to reason i feel i have more control over it.

I use the nn19 and hit middle c on the keyboard tho..

I use my emu xboard real time control knobs and map them to the reason things i want to automate..

That way i can automate many parts of one plugin in one pass..

Where you messed up tho.. is you didnt make your own tape delay device in reason and then show it being automated..

As dub is mainly just automating the feed back and send levels tape speed etc!

Not automating the compression release knob..!

Anyway later on today... I might make a tape delay device for reason users... we will see...

I appreciate the mostly good vibes and am conceding to the fact that I did indeed remove you from my ignore list. Therefore, I can see this and respond.

(Though I dont fully trust this whole thing, your intentions, or if youre a real person and not just trying to troll the forums here, .....Im afraid im going to take the bait here....)

Thanks for watching, more than anything.
A Tape Echo device is one of the devices begin automated.
I actually didnt touch the Compressor Release knob in the video so Im not sure what youre seeing. You may be seeing the Filter jump around thats in between the mixers.

Thats ok you edited it, and I dont mind, but Im glad I could answer a thing or two.

sam1981 2012-01-28 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 992963)
I appreciate the mostly good vibes and am conceding to the fact that I did indeed remove you from my ignore list. Therefore, I can see this and respond.

(Though I dont fully trust this whole thing, your intentions, or if youre a real person and not just trying to troll the forums here, .....Im afraid im going to take the bait here....)

Thanks for watching, more than anything.
A Tape Echo device is one of the devices begin automated.
I actually didnt touch the Compressor Release knob in the video so Im not sure what youre seeing. You may be seeing the Filter jump around thats in between the mixers.

Thats ok you edited it, and I dont mind, but Im glad I could answer a thing or two.

oh yea i forgot that the filter was silver as well as the compressor... I use to use the filter... but i havent in a while..

I wanted to make a tape delay for reason using the scream 4 tape satuation setting...

but it probably already has those in the preset devices.... My fave delays are the digidesign air multi delay, and the novation Fxs suite delay...