Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 6.1 nor 6.2 Won't Launch in Lion (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=154101)

IvokeMusic 2012-02-06 01:11

Reason 6.1 nor 6.2 Won't Launch in Lion

Can someone help me with a fix? I clearly made a mistake by upgrading to Lion and now Reason 6 nor 6.2 will not launch, can anyone help?

SteveDiverse 2012-02-06 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvokeMusic (Post 997189)
Can someone help me with a fix? I clearly made a mistake by upgrading to Lion and now Reason 6 nor 6.2 will not launch, can anyone help?

Make sure all of your drivers (controllers, audio interface) are up to date - and make sure there are drivers for Lion.

If I were you I'd reinstall everything

unplug controllers and audio interface from computer
uninstall reason

download current drivers for controllers, audio interface, and code meter
download full version of reason 6.02

install drivers for controllers, audio interface, and code meter
(while the devices are not connected to computer)

plug in controllers and audio interface one at a time

install reason 6.02

if you still have problems, can you post exactly what errors you get, if any, or does it just 'do nothing' when you try to launch reason?

Anomecron 2012-02-06 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvokeMusic (Post 997189)

Reason works fine with Lion - but are you using the latest Lion update that was just released. It apparently had prevented a lot of apps from launching (I having downloaded the update and am on Lion 10.7.2 which works fine.

There have been numerous reports of a lot of apps not launching properly since the latest update so I am curious as to which version of Lion you are on.

jasonus 2012-02-09 14:10

I am having the same issue. Have you had any luck

BillinUK 2012-03-01 21:44

Same issue

Just installed Reason 6.0.2 on my Mac Pro. Lion 10.7.3 3.2GHz Quad core 16Gig Ram

Reason fails to launch even after step by step installation.

Reason just hangs and reads as "application not responding"

How frustrating -- and expensive :-(

Any suggestions

TokyoSven 2012-04-06 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillinUK (Post 1008353)
Just installed Reason 6.0.2 on my Mac Pro. Lion 10.7.3 3.2GHz Quad core 16Gig Ram

Reason fails to launch even after step by step installation.

Reason just hangs and reads as "application not responding"

How frustrating -- and expensive :-(

Any suggestions

The same thing for me. I just got it today, does exactly what you said....its so expensive and it doesn't even work????

JetLombardi 2012-04-06 03:28

I'm running Lion 10.7.3 MacMini 2.5ghz i5 8gb ram and just installed Reason 6.0.2 on a freshly formatted copy of Lion and all is working perfectly.

One can try setting up another user account and see if Reason launches.

electricfusion 2012-04-06 08:01

@tokyosven
Did you have a different version e.g. R5 or R6.0 or 6.0.1 on your system beforehand?
If so then it´s possible that the leftovers from the previous version could prevent you from correctly installing R6.0.2 and hence launching it.
The Reason Plist files would be likely "nominees" here.

n0ahg 2012-04-06 12:26

Ouch, a Mac is pretty expensive to not work correctly after a minor upgrade ;)

sanman 2012-04-06 23:32

I had the same problem when I first bought My mac. Turned out it was a problem with the audio card drivers and not reason.