Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Akai MPC Renaissance vs Native Instruments Maschine? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=154311)

Baggstrom 2012-02-10 15:43

Akai MPC Renaissance vs Native Instruments Maschine?
 
Hey Friends!

I am thinking of getting a controller to make my beats on, but I can not decide which one. I have been thinking about getting the NI Maschine, but now Akai comes out with this MPC Renaissance.



What do you guys think?

Respect!
//Mike

Danoc 2012-02-11 06:47

He said the MPC Ren is a beast lol hahahahah He said it looks even better than the maschine lol

Anomecron 2012-02-11 08:57

I actually got time to mess around with Arturia's SPARK the other day and it's pretty nice too and does modelled drum synthesis also - quite a nice interface if you're just looking something geared toward beat programming.

Danoc 2012-02-11 18:57

Oh snap I didn't know they had that Arturia drum machine. I ain't going to even lie Ano, that thing looks sexy as a MOFO!!! It looks well done I think I would take that over the Maschine. Yo I seen the video and that TOUCH PAD thingy is FREAKING OFF THE CHAIN! you can make it sound like it's slowing down with just your finger. In Protools you have to set up to do that. dammmmmm!!!

what you think about the Rhizome?
look at the dude making the beat his is getting off lol he dancing lol hahaha






Quote:

Originally Posted by Anomecron (Post 999350)
I actually got time to mess around with Arturia's SPARK the other day and it's pretty nice too and does modelled drum synthesis also - quite a nice interface if you're just looking something geared toward beat programming.


zakeuno 2012-02-13 18:42

To me the MPC Ren looks really ugly, that said if money was not an issue I'd probably go for the MPC against the Maschine just for the audio interface wich alows the "vintage" mode. I know that Machine's software is now descent and the akai probably will be buggy but that will be a temporary thing. Cheers.

Danoc 2012-02-13 19:07

Ok if you say it's ugly. To me it looks nice :)I think the MPC 60 and 60II just looked plain. the 1000 and 500 didn't look so good. The rest looked ok, but this looks hot to me.

I am going with it because I am familiar with it and it can take my old MPC 2000xl files, Maschine can't. Plus it has gone computer so its all good

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakeuno (Post 1000462)
To me the MPC Ren looks really ugly, that said if money was not an issue I'd probably go for the MPC against the Maschine just for the audio interface wich alows the "vintage" mode. I know that Machine's software is now descent and the akai probably will be buggy but that will be a temporary thing. Cheers.


EntityMusicEnt 2012-02-13 19:56

Danoc, the Maschine can load all MPC sounds as well as REX files and has been able to do so from the beginning. Take also into consideration that you get a ton of sounds (6GB) with Maschine and the quality of them and Maschine becomes very hard to compete with and I won't even add in the VST support or the Komplete bundle.

I myself would go with Maschine. $600.00 is a great price for such a powerful and extremely portable unit that does so much and even with the added crossgrade to Komplete 8 you still spend about the same as you would just buying the MPC Ren but you get so much more overall.

Akai in my opinion has fallen off. Their MPK series controllers are great as well as the classic MPC's but their audio interfaces suck and I'm willing to bet that they integrated that into the MPC Ren. I loved my MPK49 but it's getting replaced by Novations Impulse 61 which I can get at the same price as I did my MPK49 almost 3yrs ago.

Maschine here I come!!

Danoc 2012-02-13 20:16

Everything you said I already knew but thanks. The Maschine under MY HANDS doesn't feel right, if it doesn't feel right I couldn't go with it. I didn't like the sequencing heck Reason sequencer is sweeter. Can Maschine load my MPC PROGRAMS? Not just sounds but the actual programs and song mode just as I had it in the MPC? Most things today can load up wav sounds.

I have had a problem with NI, I purchased Kore 2 and it didn't work, so I tried to get help from NI no response, returned Kore 2 back. I have tried to use NI demos and they messed up my computer so I don't deal with NI anymore. That's the only company that did that to a Mac.

I have an interface, the MPC Ren is coming with 8 gigs of sound, and it will be software and can take VST/i's also :) The studio would be in the range of Maschine but I want the Ren and I will just pay for it. :)Plus I will have my MPC feel and that's what counts and the functions that I am use too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KHAOS260 (Post 1000509)
Danoc, the Maschine can load all MPC sounds as well as REX files and has been able to do so from the beginning. Take also into consideration that you get a ton of sounds (6GB) with Maschine and the quality of them and Maschine becomes very hard to compete with and I won't even add in the VST support or the Komplete bundle.

I myself would go with Maschine. $600.00 is a great price for such a powerful and extremely portable unit that does so much and even with the added crossgrade to Komplete 8 you still spend about the same as you would just buying the MPC Ren but you get so much more overall.

Akai in my opinion has fallen off. Their MPK series controllers are great as well as the classic MPC's but their audio interfaces suck and I'm willing to bet that they integrated that into the MPC Ren. I loved my MPK49 but it's getting replaced by Novations Impulse 61 which I can get at the same price as I did my MPK49 almost 3yrs ago.

Maschine here I come!!


Danoc 2012-02-13 20:28

That whatever it is, is INSANITY lol I would a thing like that just to control keys, It has three rows of keys, thats awesome I could mix sounds using my left and right hand on the fly. Wersi huh? I am sure it can't do what and MPC does ;) I love the draw bars but WHERE DEM PADS IS? lol


Quote:

POSTED BY Ochucki

Yo! Dis shit are dope bro! Check it out! No MPC ain't match for dis! Ya know twat am sayin...

But seriously... This is a whiter shade of controllerism. Has it your mind when hesitating between NI Maschine or Akai MPC... It's got a look every pimp would kill for... This is the next step. The ultimate one :)






dreampolice 2012-02-13 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KHAOS260 (Post 1000509)
Danoc, the Maschine can load all MPC sounds as well as REX files and has been able to do so from the beginning.

Maschine can NOT open MPC sequences, but it CAN open the MPC sound's/programs. I would love Maschine to be able to open my MPC2xkl sequences, but it's cant.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:13.