Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Civil Protection - Anticitizen (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=154779)

adfielding 2012-02-20 12:04

Civil Protection - Anticitizen

edit: the complete EP is out now. Check it out here!

Howdy folks!

So, as you may or may not know, I've been the vocalist/producer/songwriter-guy for a band called Civil Protection for a little while now. We've finally pulled our socks up and put together an EP which we'll be releasing (for free!) at the end of the month, most of which was - of course - produced using Reason 6.

While the actual EP will be released in full on the 29th, I've uploaded the first track from said EP to Soundcloud so you can hear what sort of sound we're going for. Anyone who's been following my music for a while might recognise the song, but it's since been completely re-worked with the band.

Loading SoundCloud…

I'm really excited to finally be getting this out there. It's quite a change from my usual electronic-heavy gubbins, and it's been great fun to try something so completely different in this context. Working with the band has been great as well and it's been great to see how the tracks have evolved over time.

I'd love to know what you think of this re-worked opener, and I hope you'll give the EP a look come the 29th :)

Cheers!

Lunesis 2012-02-20 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by adfielding (Post 1003614)
Howdy folks!

So, as you may or may not know, I've been the vocalist/producer/songwriter-guy for a band called Civil Protection for a little while now. We've finally pulled our socks up and put together an EP which we'll be releasing (for free!) at the end of the month, most of which was - of course - produced using Reason 6.

While the actual EP will be released in full on the 29th, I've uploaded the first track from said EP to Soundcloud so you can hear what sort of sound we're going for. Anyone who's been following my music for a while might recognise the song, but it's since been completely re-worked with the band.

Loading SoundCloud…

I'm really excited to finally be getting this out there. It's quite a change from my usual electronic-heavy gubbins, and it's been great fun to try something so completely different in this context. Working with the band has been great as well and it's been great to see how the tracks have evolved over time.

I'd love to know what you think of this re-worked opener, and I hope you'll give the EP a look come the 29th :)

Cheers!

If you can get into a band where the sound just clicks like this, it is an awesome thing. I was in a band once... LOL :D let's just say we were all different styles and it didn't work.. you are a talented dude, it is good to see you doing great work like this with other people. I sort of miss the synths just for color but the guitar sounds awesome enough to hold its own.

adfielding 2012-02-20 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by digteamone (Post 1003645)
If you can get into a band where the sound just clicks like this, it is an awesome thing. I was in a band once... LOL :D let's just say we were all different styles and it didn't work.. you are a talented dude, it is good to see you doing great work like this with other people. I sort of miss the synths just for color but the guitar sounds awesome enough to hold its own.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, it was pretty cool when we formed the band - basically, we had intended to form a post-rock band from the outset, then Josh (one of our guitarists - who I was living with at the time) asked if we could try playing some of my rockier stuff and that's how we got started. Now we're writing loads of new material and it's really cool to have an outlet for our more guitar-heavy ideas :D

Really glad you liked it - this track aside, the rest of the EP features plenty of synth-work :)

tjab 2012-02-20 19:25

Quote:

Howdy folks!

Loading SoundCloud…

Cheers!

Hey,
Nice track. Really well produced and tight sounding. I'm liking the guitar tone - I'm guessing it isn't from the line 6 module in Reason?

Cheers,
Tom

adfielding 2012-02-21 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjab (Post 1003781)
Hey,
Nice track. Really well produced and tight sounding. I'm liking the guitar tone - I'm guessing it isn't from the line 6 module in Reason?

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Tom!

Yeah, sadly the Line 6 amps weren't responsible for the guitar tone - I ended up tracking and recording everything in Reason, then bouncing the guitar/bass parts and processing them with Guitar Rig before bringing them back into Reason. Bit of a roundabout method but I'm a much bigger fan of Guitar Rig for distorted guitars than the Line 6 amps.

Anomecron 2012-02-21 12:25

Quote:

Howdy folks!

Loading SoundCloud…

Cheers!

Sounds damn solid Adam and quite the departure from your solo work.
Fantastic ;).

adfielding 2012-02-21 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anomecron (Post 1004080)
Sounds damn solid Adam and quite the departure from your solo work.
Fantastic ;).

Thanks! I can't remember if it was you or someone else who was a fan of Amplifier... either way I ended up with a copy of The Octopus for Christmas and it really is a bit good :)

adfielding 2012-02-23 19:04

Figured I'd give this a cheeky bump as we've got just under a week until the EP gets released and we're all rather pumped :)

mastertonyd 2012-02-24 15:01

I like it Adam! Good luck with the release!

adfielding 2012-02-26 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastertonyd (Post 1005591)
I like it Adam! Good luck with the release!

Thanks! Only a few days left to go now, looking forward to getting it out there :)