Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fast Track Use (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=155744)

Yawn 2012-03-11 03:40

Fast Track Use

Hi Everyone,

I have issue. I have an MPC and Reason 6 I also have a Fast Track C400 interface. My issue is that I can't figure out how to configure Reason so that while I am recording, I can hear my current Reason tracks AND the live "drumming" I am doing on the MPC at the same time. I can only figure out how to hear one channel or the other. I dont care if its thru headphones or monitors or comp speakers. I just want to be able to hear both. Can anyone help?? Thanks!

DWagner 2012-03-11 03:44

Insert an audio track and monitor it (the MPC)?

SteveDiverse 2012-03-11 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yawn (Post 1012768)
Hi Everyone,

I have issue. I have an MPC and Reason 6 I also have a Fast Track C400 interface. My issue is that I can't figure out how to configure Reason so that while I am recording, I can hear my current Reason tracks AND the live "drumming" I am doing on the MPC at the same time. I can only figure out how to hear one channel or the other. I dont care if its thru headphones or monitors or comp speakers. I just want to be able to hear both. Can anyone help?? Thanks!

connect audio out from MPC to audio in on fast track.
create audio track in reason
should be able to hear/record mpc in reason along with rest of reason devices.

Yawn 2012-03-11 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1012772)
connect audio out from MPC to audio in on fast track.
create audio track in reason
should be able to hear/record mpc in reason along with rest of reason devices.

Further explanation:

To get the MPC audio signal into Reason, I have to switch the Audio Device in the Preferences menu to the Fast Track. When I do that I no longer hear anything coming from Reason but Reason can record signal from MPC.

To then hear the current tracks in reason, I have to switch the Audio Device in preferences to Built In and magically current tracks plus any recordings from MPC are audible.

I want to use the MPC drum samples and play along with samples I have made in Reason but can't seem to find the proper set up.

n0ahg 2012-03-11 04:11

plug headphones/speakers in to fast track

Yawn 2012-03-11 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1012778)
plug headphones/speakers in to fast track

Yes, I've tried that.

How about looking at my issue another way, I can't get the signal from Reason to output to the Fast Track.

USB is connected and powered. When I click Malstrom I see that Reason is registering a sound coming from the device but I do not hear anything in the Fast Track at all.

Edit: This seems to be the root of the problem. The was not defaulted to on. Now the Fast Track is registering a signal from Reason. Sadly, I still cannot physically hear it.

Final Edit: Seems that Fast Track was nice enough to default the audio interface to not receive any audio from the USB. Problem resolved thanks!

SteveDiverse 2012-03-11 04:35

Are you also connecting MPC to computer via USB? DON'T.

If not, please post details of what's connected to what, and how it's connected, etc. the more info we have, the quicker you will have a solution.

it will work.

GrimerLoner 2012-11-25 20:14

Hi Yawn

Maybe this answer be a little bit late, but I think the problem would be on the selected instrument in reason's secencer window. Reason must have selected one instrument or chanel to asign the midi input if you're using your MPC as a master controler.

Read the user manual again, I'm not an expert but I think it's actually possible to program different "scenes" in Reason making it to conect your MPC to different instruments and switch between them while recording.

Hope it will help you, or somebody else.

Bless :)