Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Native Instruments RE plugins? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=156820)

Hessel123 2012-03-27 23:37

Native Instruments RE plugins?

I got Komplete 8 a while ago. for now I'm just using it inside logic while rewiring Reason 6 with it but it would be awesome if Native Instruments create RE versions of their plugins so I can skip Logic Pro & run it inside Reason.

will this even be possible?

I heard that the plugin API is stil very limited, but would it be too limited to let Native Instruments convert their plugins to RE format?

Djwill1s 2012-03-28 09:13

maybe Razor and Massive could be ported to RE, but you don't have a chance with Reaktor and very limited chance with Kontakt.

EpiGenetik 2012-03-28 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djwill1s (Post 1028391)
maybe Razor and Massive could be ported to RE, but you don't have a chance with Reaktor and very limited chance with Kontakt.

Razor IS Reaktor. Massive is cack :)

EpiGenetik 2012-03-28 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessel123 (Post 1028161)
I heard that the plugin API is stil very limited, but would it be too limited to let Native Instruments convert their plugins to RE format?

It depends on what NI wanted to do. Most likely they would wish to test the water first. Reaktor Player is likely to be the first thing to come over IMHO.

From what I know of programming and GUI technicalities, the 2 easiest to do would be Absynth and FM8. Guitar Rig, full Reaktor including Core, and Kontakt? Forget about it.

Over time the Props will of course widen the boundaries themselves, but I imagine it's quite likely that someone will develop a VST bridging RE. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, and in fact as so many plugins have DirectSound versions, it may not even need to involve VST at all, which for me would be a preference in all honesty.

Cheers

Michael1985 2012-03-28 15:39

A reduced version of Kontakt should be possible, I mean the ensembles as rack extensions, not the whole kontakt rack.

BonezMcCoy 2012-03-28 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1985 (Post 1028542)
A reduced version of Kontakt should be possible, I mean the ensembles as rack extensions, not the whole kontakt rack.

I think you mean Reaktor... the modular system for building devices (referred to as ensembles).

Michael1985 2012-03-28 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1028567)
I think you mean Reaktor... the modular system for building devices (referred to as ensembles).

also kontakt has ensembles, the single rack devices inside kontakt.

These would fit perfectly inside the Reason rack.

BonezMcCoy 2012-03-28 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1985 (Post 1028583)
also kontakt has ensembles, the single rack devices inside kontakt.

These would fit perfectly inside the Reason rack.

I think the term used by NI is Kontakt instrument. They use "Ensemble" for Reaktor devices, even the file extension is .ens. Anyways, I get your point. In this case, a better option would be a Kontakt player, like the AU/VST/RTAS one, that would be able to play any Kontakt content. It'd be good to have a Reaktor player too. Out there the players are free but the content is not, we could have the same inside Reason (though I'd pass since I already own NI Komplete).

Michael1985 2012-03-28 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1028601)
It'd be good to have a Reaktor player too. Out there the players are free but the content is not, we could have the same inside Reason (though I'd pass since I already own NI Komplete).

No, all the possibilties of editing would be nice. We need a sampler inside Reason which has a advanced sample editor and advanced replay options like no chnacing speed/formants.

Yes, I mean instrument, thanks. :)

bruunm 2012-03-29 01:17

Well in some way we already have a system that works like Reaktor ( minus the awesome modules in NI's offering).

We can patch and combine any modules in reason anyway we like and have them in a combinator :-)

So you would think that reaktor could become a series of modules combined in either a Combinator or a Reaktinator :-p (just for future reference and brag rights, you heard it here first,.... after all thats all the rage at the moment " i invented Re" " no he did.... etc :-D )

Anyways I cant wait to see who will come on board and I do love the NI stuff. Also hopefully we will get a nice covolution reverb at some stage :-)

Cheers
/M.