Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   reason 6.5 wont work with my usb key!!!!help (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=161392)

thedemonicbrothers 2012-06-14 20:57

reason 6.5 wont work with my usb key!!!!help
 
as it says ive just downloaded 6.5 and now it will only work in demo mode,ive tired to upgrade the key through the website but it just keeps telling me i havent got a usb key plugged in??someone help please,also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??

penguinoid 2012-06-14 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedemonicbrothers (Post 1070700)
also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??

People say it clears up when you delete your cookies, but yeah, I've taken to using safari to open this site, kinda stupid, I have no idea what their deal is! Sorry I don't have any answers on your usb key issue.

MattiasHG 2012-06-14 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedemonicbrothers (Post 1070700)
as it says ive just downloaded 6.5 and now it will only work in demo mode,ive tired to upgrade the key through the website but it just keeps telling me i havent got a usb key plugged in??someone help please,also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??

There are a couple of things that can be wrong here. Did you get the upgrade download via the huge top banner on the Download page? Did you run it once to install Authorizer 2?

This video covers most bases of what you need to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR26ILEdtw

djbriang 2012-06-14 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedemonicbrothers (Post 1070700)
as it says ive just downloaded 6.5 and now it will only work in demo mode,ive tired to upgrade the key through the website but it just keeps telling me i havent got a usb key plugged in??someone help please,also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??

I just had the same exact issue unplugging and plugging the dongle back in gree light on then off and the authorizer was still not "finding" it. Then I just did one more full computer restart and after restarting the computer and trying the process again the dongle was found on the very next try and the new code was written to it and it is all good now.

so restart your computer one more time and i bet it works on the next try

Marshall99 2012-06-14 21:32

I've been having the same issue, I've gone so far as to uninstall reason and authorizer multiple times. I had restarted once but will try again. Thanks for the tips!

Heretic 2012-06-14 21:54

Maybe these two links can be of any use?

CodeMeter Support

Issue discussed in forum

regards,
Heretic

thedemonicbrothers 2012-06-14 23:05

thanks all sorted now,only thing is i downloaded radical piano it crashed before it finished now it says ive tried it already and wont let me download it again so that sucks

MattiasHG 2012-06-14 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedemonicbrothers (Post 1071021)
thanks all sorted now,only thing is i downloaded radical piano it crashed before it finished now it says ive tried it already and wont let me download it again so that sucks

Check "Your account" at the top, click "Your products" and Rack Extensions. You can download it as many times as you want during the trial. ;)

ckdj01 2012-06-15 01:25

my usb won't work either, the only thing i get coming up on the website is transfer to anoter user, is this what i want to do?!
also when i tried using the website using google chrome i had problems try using internet explorer that's what i did to get mine working again

ggirtsteve 2012-06-15 21:11

I'm having this problem right now, where I can't get the new license to go to usb. Also says no usb connected.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:03.