Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trigger OctoRex slots a little like in "Live" (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=161835)

locohead 2012-06-17 02:07

Trigger OctoRex slots a little like in "Live"

I would like to see a way to trigger the loop slots via keyboard or controller, e.g. press a certain key to trigger slot 1 and immediately it starts playing slot 1. Press a different key (or pad or button on your controller) and slot 2 is triggered and OctoRex starts playing slot 2 back until anything else is triggered and so on.

Thus one could mimic a little bit of the feel and handling of "Ableton Live"-session view: Every OctoRex represents one track with up to 8 scenes. Use one OctoRex for each track necessary. This would be a lot of fun!

I built a workaround, but is not as simple as it could be if things were like mentioned above: 1. Create a Kong
2. Create a Combinator
3. Create an OctoRex inside the Combinator
4. Connect Kong's CV-Gate Outs of Pad 1-4 to the CV Ins 1-4 on the Combinator
5. Go to the Combinator's programmer and set the mapping like for the OctoRex: CV1 In > Slot > 1 to 1 (2 to 2 for second CV In, 3 to 3 for third and so on).
6. Press "Run" on OctoRex
7. Set "Trig Next Loop" on OctoRex from "Bar" to "1/16"
8. Play Kong's pads 1-4 as you wish to retrigger the loops as you like

Can this be done easier for using a controller/keyboard to trigger the slots?

martinb98 2012-06-17 02:33

If i understand, not an Ableton user, reason dose this already
On Dr OR right click on slot 1 edit Remote override mapping A little window appears then hit a key , button , pad
& press ok do the same for every other slot & away you go , you can also choose how quick the slot changes on the left
Trig Next Loop , bar , beat , 16th, Hit record !

dub08 2012-06-17 03:42

2 people above me didnt read the manual. :D
No offense j/p ...but dont do it that way!

Triggering by the keyboard is already built into dr Octo.

Just remember loop slot 1 will be an Enote not C...it's in the manual.

martinb98 2012-06-17 04:11

C'mon dub08 who in there right mind reads manuals LoL
Thanks mate , just tried that , nice tip
But if he wants to trigger via a pad or button he needs to do edit remote override mapping , Yes ?
Anymore tips i can suck out of your brain ! LoL

dub08 2012-06-17 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinb98 (Post 1074969)
C'mon dub08 who in there right mind reads manuals LoL
Thanks mate , just tried that , nice tip
But if he wants to trigger via a pad or button he needs to do edit remote override mapping , Yes ?
Anymore tips i can suck out of your brain ! LoL

Haha sure ask away

Well...if its pads like mpc or midi pads w/e they're still midi "notes" so they are ready to go!
but need to be the right octave/notes.

Essientially, if you want anything different than default, then yes you can override!

locohead 2012-06-17 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub08 (Post 1074953)
Triggering by the keyboard is already built into dr Octo.

Thanks for the tip!

locohead 2012-06-23 15:42

Alright, I can trigger the slots spontaneously as I like now. One more thing I would love to see is a separate "Gate Out" for each slot to use the trigger-feature in OctoRex to allow me to trigger other elements, too. E.g. one could use a ReDrum sequence on slot one and something else on slot two.