Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rewire (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=162524)

guyb67 2012-06-24 13:00

Rewire

I'm having problem getting Protools 10 recognising Reason 6.

I have noticed in Reason the Rewire option in the pull down menu does not allow me to pick it as an option. The Rewire indicatorr does not show up.

Plus Reason is not showing up in Protools as a plug-in.

Something is not connecting for some reason.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I have never had these problems with previous versions of both software.

In the past, I have open Protools(Version 8) , then opened up reason(rewire kicks in automatically) and inserted it into a track.

Thanks
Gub

BonezMcCoy 2012-06-24 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyb67 (Post 1082408)

I have noticed in Reason the Rewire option in the pull down menu does not allow me to pick it as an option. The Rewire indicatorr does not show up.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I have never had these problems with previous versions of both software.

In the past, I have open Protools(Version 8) , then opened up reason(rewire kicks in automatically) and inserted it into a track.

Thanks
Gub

Run Reason in 32bit mode and it will work.

Grumbleweed 2012-06-24 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyb67 (Post 1082408)

Thanks
Gub

If you loaded Reason into a 64 bit environment then it's working in 64 bit mode. I believe PT10 is 32 bit so it won't recognise a 64 bit program.
Load the 32 bit version of Reason (there are plenty of posts available on this if you have a little search) and it should work.
If it still doesn't then there's a deeper problem.

Grum.

Grumbleweed 2012-06-24 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1082409)
Run Reason in 32bit mode and it will work.

Sorry, I was typing when you posted this :).

Grum.

BonezMcCoy 2012-06-24 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumbleweed (Post 1082411)
Sorry, I was typing when you posted this :).

Grum.

No worries. Maybe my answer is too short and does not provide any help.

@ the OP:

If you are on a Mac:

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Mac OS X system?

Yes, you can!

On Mac OS X, the Reason application itself includes both 32-bit and 64-bit resources. This means the program will run in 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your operating system - you don't actually need to do anything when installing the software.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). In this case, you can force the program to run in 32-bit mode in the following way:

Select the Reason application.
Select "Get Info" from the File menu in Mac OS X.
In the Info dialog, tick the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox.
When you now launch Reason it will run in 32 bit mode.

If you are on Windows:

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Windows system?

Yes, you can!

In Windows, there is a single Reason installer containing both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version. When you run the installer, it detects if you're running a 64-bit OS, and automatically installs the 64-bit version of Reason. Otherwise, the 32-bit version is installed.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). Then, you can force the installer to install the 32-bit version in the following way:

Create a shortcut of the "Install Reason.exe" file.
Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties".
In the "Target" field, add " /32" (without quotes, keep the leading space) at the very end.
Click OK.
Double click the shortcut to run the Reason installer in 32-bit mode.
Forcing a 32-bit installation this way should give the name "Reason (32)" to the desktop icon and Start menu folder.

Grumbleweed 2012-06-24 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1082414)
No worries. Maybe my answer is too short and does not provide any help.

@ the OP:

If you are on a Mac:

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Mac OS X system?

Yes, you can!

On Mac OS X, the Reason application itself includes both 32-bit and 64-bit resources. This means the program will run in 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your operating system - you don't actually need to do anything when installing the software.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). In this case, you can force the program to run in 32-bit mode in the following way:

Select the Reason application.
Select "Get Info" from the File menu in Mac OS X.
In the Info dialog, tick the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox.
When you now launch Reason it will run in 32 bit mode.

If you are on Windows:

Can I use both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Reason 6/Essentials/Limited on my 64-bit Windows system?

Yes, you can!

In Windows, there is a single Reason installer containing both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version. When you run the installer, it detects if you're running a 64-bit OS, and automatically installs the 64-bit version of Reason. Otherwise, the 32-bit version is installed.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). Then, you can force the installer to install the 32-bit version in the following way:

In the "Target" field, add " /32" (without quotes, keep the leading space) at the very end.
Click OK.
Forcing a 32-bit installation this way should give the name "Reason (32)" to the desktop icon and Start menu folder.

You win ;).

Grum.

BonezMcCoy 2012-06-24 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumbleweed (Post 1082415)
You win ;).

Grum.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Wq3AtSZlUT6yVr

guyb67 2012-06-25 12:06

Nah didn't work

created the 32 shortcut, but Protools and reason just won't talk.

Didn't have this problem with PT 8 and earlier Reason

I'm thinking of re installing Reason

I ran an older version of PT 8 that I new supported the rewire (used it before), however now the plugin can't be found on both PT 8 and PT 10. PT is telling me that the 'Plug-in Inactive'.

When my Session notes pop up in Protools it says the following--- 'The following plugin were made inactive because they could not be found in the plugin folder'. And then it lists reason as that plugin.

Thanks

Gub

Gub

BonezMcCoy 2012-06-25 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyb67 (Post 1083203)
Nah didn't work

created the 32 shortcut, but Protools and reason just won't talk.

Didn't have this problem with PT 8 and earlier Reason

I'm thinking of re installing Reason

I ran an older version of PT 8 that I new supported the rewire (used it before), however now the plugin can't be found on both PT 8 and PT 10

Gub

Did you follow the instructions to the letter? It is not only a question of shortcuts, there is more to it. It is a full installation of Reason, but in 32bit mode.

guyb67 2012-06-26 03:24

I followed the instructions to the letter.

Click OK.

The only thing is when I hit ok, it didn't give the name "Reason (32)" to the desktop icon or start menu.

Thanks