Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Online Activation - The biggest blocker for your creativity! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=164694)

altron 2012-07-28 07:16

Online Activation - The biggest blocker for your creativity!

Tried to start Reason, got some REs in trial mode but still pondering whether to buy them and this happens:

Log-in failed due to network error
The authorization server failed to respond. This indicates a problem with your Internet connection. Please verify that your Internet connection works correctly and then try again.

btw my Internet connection works just fine!
This is what's wrong with all this online activation bullsh*t!

KingEternal 2012-07-28 08:30

Although in my mind it`s just a 5 seconds work, I have to agree. Being forced to repeat this process everytime (again: it takes only 5 seconds, so I`m saying to myself) seriously conflicts with the idea of creativity and workflow.
FYI, certain users have written small auto-login apps, there are also so called credential managers that do this for you.
Right now, it seems to be the price for your RE-creativity, although a small one... consider this complaining on a high level :)

KingEternal 2012-07-28 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by altron (Post 1106090)
Tried to start Reason, got some REs in trial mode but still pondering whether to buy them and this happens:

The authorization server failed to respond. This indicates a problem with your Internet connection. Please verify that your Internet connection works correctly and then try again.

It`s probably due to some blocked port by your firewall for code meter. Did you already manually put the 6.5 license on your ignition key? Hope that helps.

altron 2012-07-28 08:40

Nope, some minutes later the connection worked. I didn't change anything nor is anything regarding this blocked by my firewall. It was clearly a network disruption, either somewhere on the way to the auth server or in the auth server itself.

Regarding having to log in anytime again, I agree, it's also quite annoying. Why can't Reason at least remember the username and password?

KingEternal 2012-07-28 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by altron (Post 1106115)
Why can't Reason at least remember the username and password?

Yep...this ;)

kdagsjm 2012-07-28 09:16

Remembering the login would be a start, but considering we already have a dongle - we should only need the login when said dongle is absent. I'm hoping that's in the next update or Reason 7 at the very least.

ShelLuser 2012-07-28 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by altron (Post 1106090)

I would have agreed with you were it not for the dongle. You don't need an internet connection just to work with Reason since you can put all your licenses, including those for the RE's, onto the ignition key and be done with it.

Considering that the RE trial period is basically a courtesy, something you won't see other companies doing anytime soon, I'd say the requirement to logon in order to use that stuff is a very minor nuisance.

Just hit escape and be done with it, that's what I'm currently doing (saving up to get Polar and then I'm happy ;-))

dub08 2012-07-28 14:47

Maybe they can figure out a way to authorize them to the ignition key for 30 days:
Boom.
You authorize a demo once...run it from the key until it expires.

Probably too difficult to implement.
Just an idea from someone who doesn't know much about how it works :)

Airpom 2012-07-28 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdagsjm (Post 1106120)
Remembering the login would be a start, but considering we already have a dongle - we should only need the login when said dongle is absent. I'm hoping that's in the next update or Reason 7 at the very least.

+1 billion

kdagsjm 2012-07-28 18:24

I know companies that use iLok offer trials as well but I don't know how it works in terms of limitations or login etc - Anyone else on here know anything about iLok trials? I'm curious to know what the iLok experience is like since its a similar technology t the ignition key.